Linux Foundation DocsConf
The purpose of this project is to allow LF projects a centralized location for storing common project configuration.
To use this a project should create a conf.yaml file in the same directory as their conf.py. Conf.py should contain at minimum:
from docs_conf import *
The conf.yaml file should contain at minimum:
If defaults for ‘myproject’ exist, they will be loaded from this package, otherwise the basic Sphinx defaults will be set.
Configuration precedence for configuration is as follows:
- conf.py structure and documentation:
- [ ] Define the minimum set of config values to release initial version.
These can probably come from ODL/OPNFV site conf.py files.
- [ ] Use sane defaults, and don’t error out if something is not set.
Each config needs to be imported gracefully (if it doesn’t exist, set None or something; similar to dict.get
- [ ] Create own documentation for project detailing use of ‘conf.cfg’
file as some values will require subkeys given that they’re dictionaries or expect a list of tuples.
- [ ] Setup and document section. The documentation already is organized
by section, so the config should also contain these section and look for their values under them.
- general (aka sphinx)
[ ] Configure pre-plugin sections, and reference by plugin listing.