A Python based open data API engine.
LIBRE: Libre Information Batch Restructuring Engine
The engine that’s powering the liberation of government data for the island of Puerto Rico.
Created by the Office of the Chief Information Officer of the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico
Query your data afterwards too!
LIBRE supports Spatial queries as such is dependant on several libraries that are installed at the OS level.
If using Ubuntu Linux install the required libraries with:
$ sudo apt-get install libgdal-dev -y
On OSX using MacPorts:
$ sudo port install geos $ sudo port install gdal
Proceed to install the actual files of LIBRE:
Via pip Python packager installer
$ pip install libre $ libre-admin.py syncdb --migrate $ cat <<'EOF' > settings_local.py DEBUG=True DEVELOPMENT=True EOF $ libre-admin.py runserver --pythonpath=.
By cloning the code from the GitHub repository:
$ git clone https://github.com/commonwealth-of-puerto-rico/libre.git $ cd libre $ virtualenv venv $ source venv/bin/activate $ pip install -r libre/requirements.txt $ ./manage.py syncdb --migrate $ cat <<'EOF' > settings_local.py DEBUG=True DEVELOPMENT=True EOF $ ./manage.py runserver
Use this to build a new image, tagged for easier reuse
$ sudo docker build -t yencarnacion/libre-docker github.com/yencarnacion/libre-docker
Running the container
$ sudo docker run -d -p 8000:8000 yencarnacion/libre-docker
The default username and password for the Docker image are: Username: admin | Password: libre
Once up and running go to <your ip>:8000 in your browser to use LIBRE.
- Fixed WebService and REST API origin data copying
- Add support for storing the total number of elements imported by each source data version
- Add parameters support to the REST API origin
- PEP8 cleanups
- Datagrid renderer
- Allow data preview in the dataset detail view
- New frontend for non technical users, dataset browser, dataset showcase
- Support for boolean values to LQL
- Support for clustering map features
- Fix handling of dates as key when using _as_dict_list
- Increased required version of Fiona to 1.0.2
- Updated Leaflet version used to 0.7
- Added boolean values support to LQL
- Added Leaflet marker clustering plugin support
- Optimize Leaflet’s marker’s use by encode markers as base64 PNG images and embedding them in the renderer’s HTML output
- Menu reorganization and cleanup
- Add support to add an image to a source dataset
- Documentation updates
- Update required version of djangorestframework
- Origins module now copies local files in chunks and streams remote HTTP files improving memory usage during imports
- Accepted: Added Command Line Interface (CLI) for update_admin_user (#10)
- Accepted: Added Pre-Installation Steps necessary to run on OSX (#9)
- Closed: Added missing docutils requirement (#8)
- Closed: Missing dependency on requirements (#4)
- Closed: inotify is not available on macosx-10.8-intel (#2)
- Accepted: Add slugify method for automatic slugs (#1)
- Fix CSV source issues with CSV file encodings (utf-8, iso-8859-1) by allowing users to specify the file encoding.
- Increased required version to Django to 1.5.5
- Add scheduling support to Sources
- Reduce the data source origin data check resolution to 45 seconds
- Fail gracefully when GIS features have no bounds
- Add new PythonScript origin
LIBRE is written and maintained by Roberto Rosario and various contributors:
Ideas and Suggestions
- Andres Colón <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size libre-1.2.tar.gz (685.0 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|