Listenclosely is a django-app that works as a middle man to connect instant messaging clients.
Listenclosely is a django-app that works as a middleman to connect instant messaging clients. Think on a Call Center/Customer Service using using instant messaging… exactly what it does.
- It is simple, connects Askers with online Agents until the Chat is considered as terminated and the Agent is released to attend other Asker chats.
- It is flexible, so you can define your own strategies to assign Agents to Askers and your own messaging backend services.
Messaging Services integrated:
The full documentation is at https://listenclosely.readthedocs.org.
- Asker1 is chatting with the Busy Agent
- Asker2 try to chat but no free Agent was free so is waiting with a Pending chat to be attended by an agent
- Asker3 is opening a chat and Online Agent will be assigned to the chat
pip install listenclosely
Then use it in a project:
Add it to django apps and migrate:
INSTALLED_APPS = [ ... 'listenclosely', ... ] python manage.py migrate
Select, install and configure service backend
LISTENCLOSELY_MESSAGE_SERVICE_BACKEND = "listenclosely_telegram.service.TelegramMessageServiceBackend"
Define your agent strategy or define your own:
LISTENCLOSELY_AGENT_STRATEGY = 'listenclosely.strategies.first_free.FirstFreeAgentStrategy'
Add step to your celery app:
from listenclosely.celery import ListenCloselyAppStep app.steps['worker'].add(ListenCloselyAppStep)
Start your celery app usign gevent:
celery --app=demo_app.celery:app worker -P gevent
Call listen task or define a celery scheduler to execute:
from listenclosely import tasks tasks.listen.delay()
- Connects Askers and Agents in chats to establish a Chat
- Strategies to find Agent to attend new Asker chat. Define your own strategies
- Messaging Service Backend: Define your own messaging service backend implementations.
- Cron tasks for attending pending chats and to terminate obsolete chats to release Agents
Does the code actually work?
source <YOURVIRTUALENV>/bin/activate (myenv) $ pip install -r requirements/test.txt (myenv) $ make test
- First release on PyPI.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size listenclosely-0.1.2-py2.py3-none-any.whl (15.3 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version 2.7||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size listenclosely-0.1.2.tar.gz (12.0 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
Hashes for listenclosely-0.1.2-py2.py3-none-any.whl