Extensible HTML/XML generator
XIST is an extensible HTML and XML generator. XIST is also a XML parser with a very simple and pythonesque tree API. Every XML element type corresponds to a Python class and these Python classes provide a conversion method to transform the XML tree (e.g. into HTML). XIST can be considered ‘object oriented XSLT’.
XIST also includes the following modules:
- ll.astyle can be used for colored terminal output (via ANSI escape sequences).
- ll.color provides classes and functions for handling RGB color values. This includes the ability to convert between different color models (RGB, HSV, HLS) as well as to and from CSS format, and several functions for modifying and mixing colors.
- ll.make is an object oriented make replacement. Like make it allows you to specify dependencies between files and actions to be executed when files don’t exist or are out of date with respect to one of their sources. But unlike make you can do this in a object oriented way and targets are not only limited to files, but you can implement e.g. dependencies on database records.
- ll.misc provides several small utility functions and classes.
- ll.sisyphus provides classes for running Python scripts as cron jobs.
- ll.daemon can be used on UNIX to fork a daemon process.
- ll.url provides classes for parsing and constructing RFC 2396 compliant URLs.
- ll.xpit is a module that makes it possible to embed Python expressions in text (as XML style processing instructions).
- ll.xml_codec contains a complete codec for encoding and decoding XML.
Changes in 3.2.6 (released 05/07/2008)
- A new action class EvalAction has been added to ll.make.
- ll.xist.helpers.escapetext and ll.xist.helpers.escapeattr have been merged into one function that escapes all special characters (including ' and ") and has been renamed/moved to ll.misc.xmlescape.
- Python versions of all the functions in the module ll.misc have been added that will be used, in case the C module is not available.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|ll_xist-3.2.6-py2.5-macosx-10.5-i386.egg (670.3 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Egg||2.5||May 7, 2008|
|ll_xist-3.2.6-py2.5-win32.egg (655.9 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Egg||2.5||May 8, 2008|
|ll-xist-3.2.6.tar.bz2 (278.6 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||May 7, 2008|
|ll-xist-3.2.6.tar.gz (332.6 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||May 7, 2008|
|ll-xist-3.2.6.win32-py2.5.exe (377.2 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Windows Installer||2.5||May 8, 2008|
|ll-xist-3.2.6.zip (388.3 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||May 7, 2008|