Extensible HTML/XML generator
XIST is an extensible HTML and XML generator. XIST is also a XML parser with a very simple and pythonesque tree API. Every XML element type corresponds to a Python class and these Python classes provide a conversion method to transform the XML tree (e.g. into HTML). XIST can be considered ‘object oriented XSLT’.
XIST also includes the following modules:
- ll.astyle can be used for colored terminal output (via ANSI escape sequences).
- ll.color provides classes and functions for handling RGB color values. This includes the ability to convert between different color models (RGB, HSV, HLS) as well as to and from CSS format, and several functions for modifying and mixing colors.
- ll.make is an object oriented make replacement. Like make it allows you to specify dependencies between files and actions to be executed when files don’t exist or are out of date with respect to one of their sources. But unlike make you can do this in a object oriented way and targets are not only limited to files, but you can implement e.g. dependencies on database records.
- ll.misc provides several small utility functions and classes.
- ll.sisyphus provides classes for running Python scripts as cron jobs.
- ll.daemon can be used on UNIX to fork a daemon process.
- ll.url provides classes for parsing and constructing RFC 2396 compliant URLs.
- ll.xpit is a module that makes it possible to embed Python expressions in text (as XML style processing instructions).
- ll.xml_codec contains a complete codec for encoding and decoding XML.
Changes in 3.2 (released 02/01/2008)
- The core package has been moved into XIST, installing XIST now only requires one package.
- ll.toxic has been moved into XIST and is now available as ll.xist.ns.toxic.
- When a ll.make.XISTParseAction object is executed the content of the pool will now be extended by the content of the pool from the XISTPoolAction instead of being replaced.
- ll.make.Pool and ll.xist.xsc.Pool no longer use a WeakValueDictionary, but a simple dict. This means they can now store any object. A method clear has been added, which removes all registered objects.
- Fixed a bug in ll.xist.css.iterrules that surfaced when a base argument was given.
- Fixed a second bug in ll.xist.css.iterrules where the href of a link element wasn’t applied to the URLs in the stylesheet.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|ll_xist-3.2-py2.5-macosx-10.5-i386.egg (658.9 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Egg||2.5||Feb 1, 2008|
|ll_xist-3.2-py2.5-win32.egg (646.6 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Egg||2.5||Feb 1, 2008|
|ll-xist-3.2.tar.bz2 (277.7 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Feb 1, 2008|
|ll-xist-3.2.tar.gz (331.5 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Feb 1, 2008|
|ll-xist-3.2.win32-py2.5.exe (371.2 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Windows Installer||2.5||Feb 1, 2008|
|ll-xist-3.2.zip (386.9 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Feb 1, 2008|