Extensible HTML/XML generator, cross-platform templating language, Oracle utilities and various other tools
XIST provides an extensible HTML and XML generator. XIST is also a XML parser with a very simple and pythonesque tree API. Every XML element type corresponds to a Python class and these Python classes provide a conversion method to transform the XML tree (e.g. into HTML). XIST can be considered ‘object oriented XSLT’.
XIST also includes the following modules and packages:
- ll.make is an object oriented make replacement. Like make it allows you to specify dependencies between files and actions to be executed when files don’t exist or are out of date with respect to one of their sources. But unlike make you can do this in a object oriented way and targets are not only limited to files.
- ll.url provides classes for parsing and constructing RFC 2396 compliant URLs.
- ll.orasql provides utilities for working with cx_Oracle:
- It allows calling functions and procedures with keyword arguments.
- Query results will be put into Record objects, where database fields are accessible as object attributes.
- The Connection class provides methods for iterating through the database metadata.
- Importing the modules adds support for URLs with the scheme oracle to ll.url.
- ll.ul4c is compiler for a templating language with similar capabilities to Django’s templating language. UL4 templates are compiled to an internal bytecode format, which makes it possible to implement template renderers in other languages and makes the template code “secure” (i.e. template code can’t open or delete files).
- ll.astyle can be used for colored terminal output (via ANSI escape sequences).
- ll.color provides classes and functions for handling RGB color values. This includes the ability to convert between different color models (RGB, HSV, HLS) as well as to and from CSS format, and several functions for modifying and mixing colors.
- ll.misc provides several small utility functions and classes.
- ll.sisyphus provides classes for running Python scripts as cron jobs.
- ll.daemon can be used on UNIX to fork a daemon process.
- ll.xml_codec contains a complete codec for encoding and decoding XML.
- ll.nightshade can be used to serve the output of PL/SQL functions/procedures with CherryPy.
Changes in 3.20 (released 05/05/2011)
It’s now possible to specify the connection mode (i.e. SYSDBA and SYSOPER) in oracle URLs like this:
$ uls oracle://sys:pwd:sysdba@dsn/
Supported are the values normal (the default), sysdba and sysoper.
The schema argument used by various methods in ll.orasql has been replaced by a owner argument that can be None (for the current user), the constant ALL for all users (which uses the DBA_* variant of various meta data views if possible or the ALL_* variants otherwise) and a specific user name.
These views are also used if possible in all spots where the ALL_ views where used before.
It’s now possible to list all users in the database with the class methods User.iternames and User.iterobjects and with Connection.iterusers.
Oracle Column objects have a new method table that returns the table the column belongs to.
Oracle URLs now support the directory user/ which contains all users, i.e. oracle://user:pwd@db/user/ lists all users and oracle://user:pwd@db/user/foo/ lists the same stuff as oracle://foo:pwd@db/. This directory however will not be listed in the root directory oracle://user:pwd@db/.
ll.orasql now supports tables without columns.
ll.orasql.Table has a new method pk that returns the primary key contraint (or None if the table has now primary key contraint).
A bug in the queries for Index objects in ll.orasql has been fixed.
ipipe support has been removed from ll.orasql.
Fixed a bug in ll.xist.xsc.Pool: Registered elements/entities etc. now show up as attributes of the pool object.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|ll_xist-3.20-py2.7-macosx-10.6-x86_64.egg (898.3 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Egg||2.7||May 5, 2011|
|ll-xist-3.20.tar.bz2 (387.1 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||May 5, 2011|
|ll-xist-3.20.tar.gz (454.3 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||May 5, 2011|
|ll-xist-3.20.win32-py2.7.exe (599.7 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Windows Installer||2.7||Dec 10, 2012|
|ll-xist-3.20.zip (536.8 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||May 5, 2011|