Extensible HTML/XML generator, cross-platform templating language and various other tools
XIST provides an extensible HTML and XML generator. XIST is also a XML parser with a very simple and pythonesque tree API. Every XML element type corresponds to a Python class and these Python classes provide a conversion method to transform the XML tree (e.g. into HTML). XIST can be considered ‘object oriented XSLT’.
XIST also includes the following modules:
- ll.astyle can be used for colored terminal output (via ANSI escape sequences).
- ll.color provides classes and functions for handling RGB color values. This includes the ability to convert between different color models (RGB, HSV, HLS) as well as to and from CSS format, and several functions for modifying and mixing colors.
- ll.make is an object oriented make replacement. Like make it allows you to specify dependencies between files and actions to be executed when files don’t exist or are out of date with respect to one of their sources. But unlike make you can do this in a object oriented way and targets are not only limited to files, but you can implement e.g. dependencies on database records.
- ll.misc provides several small utility functions and classes.
- ll.sisyphus provides classes for running Python scripts as cron jobs.
- ll.daemon can be used on UNIX to fork a daemon process.
- ll.url provides classes for parsing and constructing RFC 2396 compliant URLs.
- ll.ul4c is compiler for a templating language with similar capabilities to Django’s templating language. UL4 templates are compiled to an internal bytecode format, which makes it possible to implement template renderers in other languages and makes the template code “secure” (i.e. template code can’t open or delete files).
- ll.xml_codec contains a complete codec for encoding and decoding XML.
Changes in 3.6.1 (released 01/27/2008)
- Generating the Python source from an UL4 template is now 20-25% faster.
- Fixed a buffer overrun in the C portions of the url module.
- Added a class addattr to ll.xist.xsc. This can be used to extend XML attributes via with blocks.
- Added the function ll.xist.ns.jsp.fromul4 which can turn an UL4 template into JSP source code.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|ll_xist-3.6.1-py2.5-macosx-10.5-i386.egg (756.1 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Egg||2.5|
|ll_xist-3.6.1-py2.5-win32.egg (747.0 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Egg||2.5|
|ll-xist-3.6.1.tar.bz2 (327.9 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|
|ll-xist-3.6.1.tar.gz (389.3 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|
|ll-xist-3.6.1.win32-py2.5.exe (416.6 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Windows Installer||2.5|
|ll-xist-3.6.1.zip (446.2 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|