Extensible HTML/XML generator, cross-platform templating language, Oracle utilities and various other tools
XIST provides an extensible HTML and XML generator. XIST is also a XML parser with a very simple and pythonesque tree API. Every XML element type corresponds to a Python class and these Python classes provide a conversion method to transform the XML tree (e.g. into HTML). XIST can be considered ‘object oriented XSLT’.
XIST also includes the following modules and packages:
ll.ul4c is compiler for a cross-platform templating language with similar capabilities to Django’s templating language. UL4 templates are compiled to an internal format, which makes it possible to implement template renderers in other languages and makes the template code “secure” (i.e. template code can’t open or delete files).
ll.ul4on provides functions for encoding and decoding a lightweight machine-readable text-based format for serializing the object types supported by UL4. It is extensible to allow encoding/decoding arbitrary instances (i.e. it is basically a reimplementation of pickle, but with string input/output instead of bytes and with an eye towards cross-plattform support).
ll.orasql provides utilities for working with cx_Oracle:
- It allows calling functions and procedures with keyword arguments.
- Query results will be put into Record objects, where database fields are accessible as object attributes.
- The Connection class provides methods for iterating through the database metadata.
- Importing the modules adds support for URLs with the scheme oracle to ll.url.
ll.make is an object oriented make replacement. Like make it allows you to specify dependencies between files and actions to be executed when files don’t exist or are out of date with respect to one of their sources. But unlike make you can do this in a object oriented way and targets are not only limited to files.
ll.color provides classes and functions for handling RGB color values. This includes the ability to convert between different color models (RGB, HSV, HLS) as well as to and from CSS format, and several functions for modifying and mixing colors.
ll.sisyphus provides classes for running Python scripts as cron jobs.
ll.url provides classes for parsing and constructing RFC 2396 compliant URLs.
ll.nightshade can be used to serve the output of PL/SQL functions/procedures with CherryPy.
ll.misc provides several small utility functions and classes.
ll.astyle can be used for colored terminal output (via ANSI escape sequences).
ll.daemon can be used on UNIX to fork a daemon process.
ll.xml_codec contains a complete codec for encoding and decoding XML.
Changes in 5.18 (released 05/17/2016)
- Added a function isexception to UL4 that returns true if the argument is an exception object.
- The UL4 exception ll.ul4c.Error has been renamed to LocationError.
- The __cause__ or __context attribute of exception objects now gets exposed to UL4 templates as the cause attribute. In addition to that for the UL4 exception ll.ul4c.LocationError the following attributes get exposed: location (which is the AST node or tag where the error occured), template (the innermost template where the exception occurred), outerpos (the position of the tag where the error occurred) and innerpos (the position of the AST node where the error occurred).
- The UL4 function type now returns the Python class name for date, color, template exception objects.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|ll_xist-5.18-cp34-none-win32.whl (537.5 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||3.4||May 17, 2016|
|ll_xist-5.18-cp34-none-win_amd64.whl (537.3 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||3.4||May 17, 2016|
|ll_xist-5.18-cp35-cp35m-macosx_10_9_x86_64.whl (522.6 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||3.5||May 17, 2016|
|ll_xist-5.18-cp35-none-win32.whl (536.0 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||3.5||May 17, 2016|
|ll_xist-5.18-cp35-none-win_amd64.whl (539.2 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||3.5||May 17, 2016|
|ll-xist-5.18.tar.bz2 (537.5 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||May 17, 2016|
|ll-xist-5.18.tar.gz (645.1 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||May 17, 2016|
|ll-xist-5.18.zip (751.8 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||May 17, 2016|