Extensible HTML/XML generator, cross-platform templating language, Oracle utilities and various other tools
XIST provides an extensible HTML and XML generator. XIST is also a XML parser with a very simple and pythonesque tree API. Every XML element type corresponds to a Python class and these Python classes provide a conversion method to transform the XML tree (e.g. into HTML). XIST can be considered ‘object oriented XSLT’.
XIST also includes the following modules and packages:
ll.ul4c is compiler for a cross-platform templating language with similar capabilities to Django’s templating language. UL4 templates are compiled to an internal format, which makes it possible to implement template renderers in other languages and makes the template code “secure” (i.e. template code can’t open or delete files).
ll.ul4on provides functions for encoding and decoding a lightweight machine-readable text-based format for serializing the object types supported by UL4. It is extensible to allow encoding/decoding arbitrary instances (i.e. it is basically a reimplementation of pickle, but with string input/output instead of bytes and with an eye towards cross-plattform support).
ll.orasql provides utilities for working with cx_Oracle:
- It allows calling functions and procedures with keyword arguments.
- Query results will be put into Record objects, where database fields are accessible as object attributes.
- The Connection class provides methods for iterating through the database metadata.
- Importing the modules adds support for URLs with the scheme oracle to ll.url.
ll.make is an object oriented make replacement. Like make it allows you to specify dependencies between files and actions to be executed when files don’t exist or are out of date with respect to one of their sources. But unlike make you can do this in a object oriented way and targets are not only limited to files.
ll.color provides classes and functions for handling RGB color values. This includes the ability to convert between different color models (RGB, HSV, HLS) as well as to and from CSS format, and several functions for modifying and mixing colors.
ll.sisyphus provides classes for running Python scripts as cron jobs.
ll.url provides classes for parsing and constructing RFC 2396 compliant URLs.
ll.nightshade can be used to serve the output of PL/SQL functions/procedures with CherryPy.
ll.misc provides several small utility functions and classes.
ll.astyle can be used for colored terminal output (via ANSI escape sequences).
ll.daemon can be used on UNIX to fork a daemon process.
ll.xml_codec contains a complete codec for encoding and decoding XML.
Changes in 5.8 (released 05/05/2014)
- UL4 supports while loops now.
- misc.item now supports index sequences, which will be applied recursively, so item(["foo", "bar"], (1, -1)) returns 'r'.
- A new context manager misc.timeout has been added, that uses signal.alarm to limit the runtime of the body of the with block.
- Updated the required version of cssutils to 1.0.
- Fixed the oraddresetsequence command to really reset the sequence. The parameters minvalue and increment are now optional. If missing they will be taken from the existing sequence.
- Passing the clientinfo parameter to cx_Oracle.connect doesn’t work with Oracle 188.8.131.52.0 (leading to an ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel error). The method orasql.connect has been changed to set the clientinfo parameter after the connection has been established.
- Fixed cloning of plain XML attributes.
- Fixed a bug in the C source code that broke compiling with Visual C. From now on we will have Windows installation packages again.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|ll-xist-5.8.tar.bz2 (501.2 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|
|ll-xist-5.8.tar.gz (595.5 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|
|ll-xist-5.8.win32-py3.3.exe (719.7 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Windows Installer||3.3|
|ll-xist-5.8.win32-py3.4.exe (1.3 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Windows Installer||3.4|
|ll-xist-5.8.win-amd64-py3.3.exe (750.8 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Windows Installer||3.3|
|ll-xist-5.8.win-amd64-py3.4.exe (1.4 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Windows Installer||3.4|
|ll-xist-5.8.zip (697.9 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|