Python framework for detecting old loanwords
$ python -m pip install loanpy
loanpy is a toolkit for historical linguists. It extracts sound changes from an etymological dictionary. It reconstructs hypothetical roots of modern L1 words. It creates hypothetical adaptions of L2 words into proto-L1. It searches for potential loanwords by first finding phonetic matches and then calculating their semantic similarity.
- dfhun_zaicz_backup.csv: data frame based on the Hungarian etymological dictionary (Zaicz 2006)
- dfgot_wikiling_backup.csv: data frame based on Wikiling
- dfgot_wiktionary_backup.csv: data frame based on Wiktionary
- dfuralonet.csv: data frame based on Uralonet
- substi.csv: Sound substitutions based on Information-theoretic causal inference of lexical flow (Dellert 2017)
- wordvectornames.xlsx: Names of pretrained word vector models from gensim-data
Academic Free License (AFL)
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.