High level logging client builtin support for colored terminal output
Log3 makes it easier to log messages in Python. It comes with a strong default
logging configuration system so you don't configure them yourself.
Here are it's main highlights:
- Easy to use. Just import the module and start using it. This will work for most cases. Unless your logging settings are very specialized you won't have to tinker much with the configuration.
- Strong defaults. The default formatter and date formatter will work for just about anyone. It includes the date, time, filename, level, and message. If you need to use a different formatter you can also do so just as easily.
- New logging methods. In addition to
log3also comes with
log.successto log out successful messages
- Colored output for terminals. If you're working with the terminal the messages will be colored by default without any additional configuration
- Easier file logging. No need to create a file handler with new date formatting, and formatting and attach to the logger. The same configuration for
STDERRalso applies to the log. Just import
log_to_fileand specify the path of the log as the argument.
You can install
Log3 using pip:
pip install log3
To start logging it is as simple as importing the
log logger object and issuing the logging
from log3 import log log.info("Hello world") log.success("This message was successful") log.debug("This is a debug message") log.warning("This is a warning") log.error("This is an error") log.critical("This is a critical error")
Log to file
log_to_file function will allow you to add a file handler to yor logging configuration.
First import it
from log3 import log_to_file
Now you can do:
log_to_file('file') log.info('logged to file')
You can quickly disable logging rather than hardcoding it into your logging configuration file.
To enable logging again it is also that simple:
Copyright (c) 2018 Orlando Diaz
For more info see LICENSE
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size log3-0.1.7.tar.gz (3.8 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size log3-0.1.7-py3-none-any.whl (5.2 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|