Real-time Web Monitor for your logs
Real-time web based monitor for your logs.
(Screenshots are coming…)
- Real-time updates with WebSocket or other available transports
- Easy managable screens and logs, drag-&-drop interface
- Listening logs on remote servers
- Working with directory listings
- Export/import configuration (in progress)
- Log entries filtering, duplication detect (in progress)
Using PyPI package:
sudo easy_install logfollow-server
Install from source:
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:kachayev/logfollow.git sudo python setup.py install sudo python setup.py upload_scripts
Start HTTP server:
By default logfollowd.py server will listen 8001 port, by use can specify other port with --port param. Full list of launching params, you can find in help message:
%> logfollowd.py --help Usage: /usr/local/bin/logfollowd.py [OPTIONS] Options: --help show this help information --logging=debug|info|warning|error|none Set the log level. --debug --gateway_host --gateway_port --host --port --templates
In order to use util without internet connection you have to upload all necessary JS libraries from CDNs. This can be done:
Supervisor can help you with relaunching Logfollow server after critical error and system reboot. It also provide you with simple console and web-based monitoring tool for checking server status, reading logs tail and restarting process remotely.
You can find more information in Supervisor documentation. Firstly, you should setup Supervisor and ensure that supervisord daemon in already running:
sudo -s ## Generate configuration logfollowctl.py supervisor_config /etc/supervisor/conf.d/logfollowd.conf ## Restart supervisor in order to spawn new config file supervisorctl reload ## Check results... supervisorctl status logfollowd logfollowd RUNNING pid 5390, uptime 0:00:13
You can also provide list of params for logfollowd.py launching calling logfollowctl.py util:
logfollowctl.py supervisor_config --logging=debug --port=8001 --host=127.0.0.1
Note that, if don’t use *.conf filename as first param after supervisor_config generated configuration will be pushed to STDOUT. It can be useful for debuging configuration file and for using in pipes.
- Upgrade UI
- Documentation and presentation site
- Export/import of client-side configurations
- Filter and aggregation on client side
- Configuration and customization facilities both from client and with config
- Cross-platform log’s listener implementation for both Linux and Mac OS
Licensed under the Apache 2.0 License. See license in source code.