Python Package to realize combinational logic gates
Update : Logic_Py 0.4.1
- If input array contains a non-binary element, A ValueError is returned with the exact location of non-binary element in the input array
from basic_gates import AND A = [1,0,1,3] B = [0,0,1,1] y = AND(A,B)
Above code returns
ValueError: input must be binary, 0 or 1 in first input index 3
- If all the input array lengths are not same, Again code throws a ValueError
from basic_gates import OR A = [1,0,1] B = [0,0,1,1] y = OR(A,B)
Above code returns
ValueError: Length of both inputs must be same
- Half subtractor and Full subtractor are added to Arithmatic gates
from arithmatic_gates import half_subtractor, full_subtractor B = [1,1,0,1,1,0,0,1,0,0] A = [0,0,0,1,0,1,1,0,1,1] Difference, Borrow = half_subtractor(A,B) print("Difference : ", Difference, "Borrow : ", Borrow)
Above snippet returns Difference :
Difference : [1, 1, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1] Borrow : [0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 0, 1, 1]
- Code conversions BCD to Excess3 and vice versa are added to Combinational circuits
from combinational_gates import BCD2Excess3, Excess32BCD A = [1,1,0,1,1,0,0,1,0,0] B = [0,0,0,1,0,1,1,0,1,1] C = [0,1,0,1,0,1,0,0,0,0] D = [1,1,0,1,1,0,0,1,0,0] w,x,y,z = BCD2Excess3(A,B,C,D)
Above code saves 4 coverted Excess3 bits in w,x,y,z
- Encoders and Decoders are added to Logic circuits
from Logic_circuits import Decoder2_4,Decoder4_16,Decoder3_8,Encoder2_1,Encoder4_2,Encoder8_3,Priority_Enc4_2
- Plots are added for half subtractor and full subtractor
from plotting import plot_half_subtractor x,y = plot_half_subtractor(B,C)
Above snippet returns a plot of difference and Borrow and also loads difference and borrow onto the variables x and y.
This Python package enables the user to realise Logic based combinational circuits built on basic logic gates. All the inputs must be binary and of same length for the functions to perform desired operation.
pip install logic-py
from Logic_Py import AND, full_adder, plot_secondary
There are 7 basic gates, all other secondaary and combinational gates are the combinations of these 7 basic gates.
- AND, OR, NOT, NAND, NOR,XNOR,XOR
from Logic_Py import AND
There are 16 Secondary gates, which take 4 binary inputs and 1 binary output.
- AND_AND, AND_OR, AND_NAND, AND_NOR, OR_AND, OR_OR, OR_NAND, OR_NOR, NAND_AND, NAND_OR, NAND_NAND, NAND_NOR, NOR_AND, NOR_OR, NOR_NAND, NOR_NOR,
Few combinational circuits are added as start in this beta version, few more will follow in the coming update.
- Binary2Gray, Gray2Binary, EParity_gen, EParity_check, OParity_gen, OParity_check, Excess32BCD, BCD2Excess3
Two arithmatic gates are added for the beta version, more will follow in the coming update.
update 0.4.1 added subtractors
- Half Adder -
- Full Adder -
- Half Subtractor -
- Full Subtractor -
Plots for the basic gates, secondary gates and arithmatic gates are available with the current version.
- plot_full_adder, plot_half_adder, plot_secondary, plot_basic
- *update 0.4.1 added
Use Github for further updates. Please kindly cite incase you use the package and fork.
Use Hellow world example for the syntax or use help function in python console
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.