collection of low-level Python packages and modules used by Logilab projects
What’s this ?
This package contains some modules used by different Logilab projects.
It is released under the GNU Lesser General Public License.
There is no documentation available yet but the source code should be clean and well documented.
Designed to ease:
- handling command line options and configuration files
- writing interactive command line tools
- manipulation of files and character strings
- manipulation of common structures such as graph, tree, and pattern such as visitor
- generating text and HTML reports
Extract the tarball, jump into the created directory and run
python setup.py install
For installation options, see
python setup.py install --help
Here is a brief description of the available modules.
Modules providing high-level features
- cache, a cache implementation with a least recently used algorithm.
- changelog, a tiny library to manipulate our simplified ChangeLog file format.
- clcommands, high-level classes to define command line programs handling different subcommands. It is based on configuration to get easy command line / configuration file handling.
- configuration, some classes to handle unified configuration from both command line (using optparse) and configuration file (using ConfigParser).
- proc, interface to Linux /proc.
- umessage, unicode email support.
- ureports, micro-reports, a way to create simple reports using python objects without care of the final formatting. ReST and html formatters are provided.
Modules providing low-level functions and structures
- compat, provides a transparent compatibility layer between different python versions.
- date, a set of date manipulation functions.
- daemon, a daemon function and mix-in class to properly start an Unix daemon process.
- decorators, function decorators such as cached, timed…
- deprecation, decorator, metaclass & all to mark functions / classes as deprecated or moved
- fileutils, some file / file path manipulation utilities.
- graph, graph manipulations functions such as cycle detection, bases for dot file generation.
- modutils, python module manipulation functions.
- shellutils, some powerful shell like functions to replace shell scripts with python scripts.
- tasksqueue, a prioritized tasks queue implementation.
- textutils, some text manipulation functions (ansi colorization, line wrapping, rest support…).
- tree, base class to represent tree structure, and some others to make it works with the visitor implementation (see below).
- visitor, a generic visitor pattern implementation.
Modules extending some standard modules
- debugger, pdb customization.
- logging_ext, extensions to logging module such as a colorized formatter and an easier initialization function.
- optik_ext, defines some new option types (regexp, csv, color, date, etc.) for optik / optparse
Modules extending some external modules
- sphinx_ext, Sphinx plugin defining a autodocstring directive.
- vcgutils , utilities functions to generate file readable with Georg Sander’s vcg tool (Visualization of Compiler Graphs).
To be deprecated modules
Those logilab.common modules will much probably be deprecated in future versions: