tools used at Logilab to create debian packages
Set of tools which aims to help the packaging of Python projects for Debian (with a rough support for rpm packages).
lgp is mainly a wrapper around puilder that ease the creation of chroot-based environment in which lgp can build debian packages targeting several Debian or Ubuntu distributions.
The main commands provided by lgp are:
- lgp build Build a debian package
- lgp check Check project in the current working directory
- lgp clean Clean the project directory
- lgp setup Set up and manage build images
- lgp shell Run a script or interactive shell in a chrooted distribution
- Note: lgp uses pbuilder, so it is a good idea to have de local proxy for debian
- and ubuntu repositories (eg. apt-cache or similar).
First you have to create the base archive for a targeted distribution:
~# lgp setup -c create -d wheezy -a amd64 ~# lgp setup -c create -d trusty -a i386
- Note: on wheezy, debootstrap has limited knowledge of recent Ubuntu
distributions. If you want to build a chroot for an yet-unknown Ubuntu distribution, you must add them in /usr/share/debootstrap/scripts/
Simply add symlinks with the distrib codename to gutsy, like:
~# ln -s gutsy /usr/share/debootstrap/scripts/trusty
Ensure the destination directory for your built packages exists (~/dists by default):
$ mkdir ~/dists
Then you can try to build a package from its sources directory:
$ hg clone http://hg.logilab.org/master/logilab/common $ cd common $ lgp build -d wheezy
See doc/packaging_howto.txt for more informations on how to use lgp.