Powerful and Pythonic XML processing library combining libxml2/libxslt with the ElementTree API.
lxml is a Pythonic binding for the libxml2 and libxslt libraries. It provides safe and convenient access to these libraries using the ElementTree API.
It extends the ElementTree API significantly to offer support for XPath, RelaxNG, XML Schema, XSLT, C14N and much more.
In case you want to use the current in-development version of lxml, you can get it from the subversion repository at http://codespeak.net/svn/lxml/trunk . Running easy_install lxml==dev will install it from http://codespeak.net/svn/lxml/trunk#egg=lxml-dev
Current bug fixes for the stable version are at http://codespeak.net/svn/lxml/branch/lxml-1.1 . Running easy_install lxml==1.1bugfix will install this version from http://codespeak.net/svn/lxml/branch/lxml-1.1#egg=lxml-1.1bugfix
- Data elements in objectify support repr(), which is now used by dump()
- Source distribution now ships with a patched Pyrex
- New C-API function makeElement() to create new elements with text, tail, attributes and namespaces
- Reuse original parser flags for XInclude
- Simplified support for handling XSLT processing instructions
- Parser resources were not freed before the next parser run
- Open files and XML strings returned by Python resolvers were not closed/freed
- Crash in the IDDict returned by XMLDTDID
- Copying Comments and ProcessingInstructions failed
- Memory leak for external URLs in _XSLTProcessingInstruction.parseXSL()
- Memory leak when garbage collecting tailed root elements
- HTML script/style content was not propagated to .text
- Show text xincluded between text nodes correctly in .text and .tail
- ‘integer * objectify.StringElement’ operation was not supported
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for lxml-1.1.2-py2.5-linux-x86_64.egg
Hashes for lxml-1.1.2-py2.4-linux-x86_64.egg