Powerful and Pythonic XML processing library combining libxml2/libxslt with the ElementTree API.
lxml is a Pythonic binding for the libxml2 and libxslt libraries. It provides safe and convenient access to these libraries using the ElementTree API.
It extends the ElementTree API significantly to offer support for XPath, RelaxNG, XML Schema, XSLT, C14N and much more.
- Comments and processing instructions return ‘<!– coment –>’ and ‘<?pi-target content?>’ for repr()
- Parsers are now the preferred (and default) place where element class lookup schemes should be registered. Namespace lookup is no longer supported by default.
- filenames with local 8-bit encoding were not supported
- 1.1beta did not compile under Python 2.3
- ignore unknown ‘pyval’ attribute values in objectify
- objectify.ObjectifiedElement.addattr() failed to accept Elements and Lists
- objectify.ObjectPath.setattr() failed to accept Elements and Lists
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size lxml-1.1-py2.4-linux-x86_64.egg (262.8 kB)||File type Egg||Python version 2.4||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size lxml-1.1-py2.4-win32.egg (2.1 MB)||File type Egg||Python version 2.4||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size lxml-1.1.tar.gz (509.5 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size lxml-1.1.win32-py2.4.exe (2.2 MB)||File type Windows Installer||Python version 2.4||Upload date||Hashes View|