Powerful and Pythonic XML processing library combining libxml2/libxslt with the ElementTree API.
lxml is a Pythonic binding for the libxml2 and libxslt libraries. It provides safe and convenient access to these libraries using the ElementTree API.
It extends the ElementTree API significantly to offer support for XPath, RelaxNG, XML Schema, XSLT, C14N and much more.
- Comments and processing instructions return ‘<!– coment –>’ and ‘<?pi-target content?>’ for repr()
- Parsers are now the preferred (and default) place where element class lookup schemes should be registered. Namespace lookup is no longer supported by default.
- filenames with local 8-bit encoding were not supported
- 1.1beta did not compile under Python 2.3
- ignore unknown ‘pyval’ attribute values in objectify
- objectify.ObjectifiedElement.addattr() failed to accept Elements and Lists
- objectify.ObjectPath.setattr() failed to accept Elements and Lists
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|lxml-1.1-py2.4-linux-x86_64.egg (262.8 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Egg||2.4||Sep 13, 2006|
|lxml-1.1-py2.4-win32.egg (2.1 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Egg||2.4||Sep 14, 2006|
|lxml-1.1.tar.gz (509.5 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Sep 13, 2006|
|lxml-1.1.win32-py2.4.exe (2.2 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Windows Installer||2.4||Sep 14, 2006|