Powerful and Pythonic XML processing library combining libxml2/libxslt with the ElementTree API.
lxml is a Pythonic, mature binding for the libxml2 and libxslt libraries. It provides safe and convenient access to these libraries using the ElementTree API.
It extends the ElementTree API significantly to offer support for XPath, RelaxNG, XML Schema, XSLT, C14N and much more.
In case you want to use the current in-development version of lxml, you can get it from the subversion repository at http://codespeak.net/svn/lxml/trunk . Running easy_install lxml==dev will install it from http://codespeak.net/svn/lxml/trunk#egg=lxml-dev
Current bug fixes for the stable version are at http://codespeak.net/svn/lxml/branch/lxml-1.2 . Running easy_install lxml==1.2bugfix will install this version from http://codespeak.net/svn/lxml/branch/lxml-1.2#egg=lxml-1.2bugfix
- Rich comparison of QName objects
- Support for regular expressions in benchmark selection
- get/set emulation (not .attrib!) for attributes on processing instructions
- ElementInclude Python module for ElementTree compatible XInclude processing that honours custom resolvers registered with the source document
- ElementTree.parser property holds the parser used to parse the document
- setup.py has been refactored for greater readability and flexibility
- –rpath flag to setup.py to induce automatic linking-in of dynamic library runtime search paths has been renamed to –auto-rpath. This makes it possible to pass an –rpath directly to distutils; previously this was being shadowed.
- Element instantiation now uses locks to prevent race conditions with threads
- ElementTree.write() did not raise an exception when the file was not writable
- Error handling could crash under Python <= 2.4.1 - fixed by disabling thread support in these environments
- Element.find*() did not accept QName objects as path
- code cleanup: redundant _NodeBase super class merged into _Element class Note: although the impact should be zero in most cases, this change breaks the compatibiliy of the public C-API
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|lxml-1.2.tar.gz (674.3 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Feb 20, 2007|
|lxml-1.2.win32-py2.3.exe (2.2 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Windows Installer||2.3||Feb 27, 2007|
|lxml-1.2.win32-py2.4.exe (2.2 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Windows Installer||2.4||Feb 26, 2007|
|lxml-1.2.win32-py2.5.exe (2.2 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Windows Installer||2.5||Feb 27, 2007|