Powerful and Pythonic XML processing library combining libxml2/libxslt with the ElementTree API.
lxml is a Pythonic, mature binding for the libxml2 and libxslt libraries. It provides safe and convenient access to these libraries using the ElementTree API.
It extends the ElementTree API significantly to offer support for XPath, RelaxNG, XML Schema, XSLT, C14N and much more.
In case you want to use the current in-development version of lxml, you can get it from the subversion repository at http://codespeak.net/svn/lxml/trunk . Running easy_install lxml==dev will install it from http://codespeak.net/svn/lxml/trunk#egg=lxml-dev
Current bug fixes for the stable version are at http://codespeak.net/svn/lxml/branch/lxml-1.3 . Running easy_install lxml==1.3bugfix will install this version from http://codespeak.net/svn/lxml/branch/lxml-1.3#egg=lxml-1.3bugfix
DO NOT DOWNLOAD OR USE THIS VERSION, TRY 1.3.2 OR LATER INSTEAD !
- objectify.DataElement now supports setting values from existing data elements (not just plain Python types) and reuses defined namespaces etc.
- E-factory support for lxml.objectify (objectify.E)
- Better way to prevent crashes in Element proxy cleanup code
- objectify.DataElement didn’t set up None value correctly
- objectify.DataElement didn’t check the value against the provided type hints
- Reference-counting bug in Element.attrib.pop()