Powerful and Pythonic XML processing library combining libxml2/libxslt with the ElementTree API.
lxml is a Pythonic, mature binding for the libxml2 and libxslt libraries. It provides safe and convenient access to these libraries using the ElementTree API.
It extends the ElementTree API significantly to offer support for XPath, RelaxNG, XML Schema, XSLT, C14N and much more.
In case you want to use the current in-development version of lxml, you can get it from the subversion repository at http://codespeak.net/svn/lxml/trunk . Running easy_install lxml==dev will install it from http://codespeak.net/svn/lxml/trunk#egg=lxml-dev
Current bug fixes for the stable version are at http://codespeak.net/svn/lxml/branch/lxml-1.3 . Running easy_install lxml==1.3bugfix will install this version from http://codespeak.net/svn/lxml/branch/lxml-1.3#egg=lxml-1.3bugfix
- ElementTree compatible parser ETCompatXMLParser strips processing instructions and comments while parsing XML
- Parsers now support stripping PIs (keyword argument ‘remove_pis’)
- etree.fromstring() now supports parsing both HTML and XML, depending on the parser you pass.
- Support base_url keyword argument in HTML() and XML()
- Parsing from Python Unicode strings failed on some platforms
- Element() did not raise an exception on tag names containing ‘:’
- Element.getiterator(tag) did not accept Comment and ProcessingInstruction as tags. It also accepts Element now.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|lxml-1.3.3-py2.4-win32.egg (3.0 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Egg||2.4||Jul 31, 2007|
|lxml-1.3.3-py2.5-win32.egg (3.0 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Egg||2.5||Jul 31, 2007|
|lxml-1.3.3.tar.gz (1.0 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Jul 26, 2007|
|lxml-1.3.3.win32-py2.4.exe (3.0 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Windows Installer||2.4||Jul 31, 2007|
|lxml-1.3.3.win32-py2.5.exe (3.0 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Windows Installer||2.5||Jul 31, 2007|