Powerful and Pythonic XML processing library combining libxml2/libxslt with the ElementTree API.
lxml is a Pythonic, mature binding for the libxml2 and libxslt libraries. It provides safe and convenient access to these libraries using the ElementTree API.
It extends the ElementTree API significantly to offer support for XPath, RelaxNG, XML Schema, XSLT, C14N and much more.
In case you want to use the current in-development version of lxml, you can get it from the subversion repository at http://codespeak.net/svn/lxml/trunk . Running easy_install lxml==dev will install it from http://codespeak.net/svn/lxml/trunk#egg=lxml-dev
After an official release of a new stable series, current bug fixes become available at http://codespeak.net/svn/lxml/branch/lxml-2.0 . Running easy_install lxml==2.0bugfix will install this version from http://codespeak.net/svn/lxml/branch/lxml-2.0#egg=lxml-2.0bugfix
- Child iteration in lxml.pyclasslookup.
- Loads of new docstrings reflect the signature of functions and methods to make them visible in API docs and help()
- The module lxml.html.builder was duplicated as lxml.htmlbuilder
- Form elements would return None for form.fields.keys() if there was an unnamed input field. Now unnamed input fields are completely ignored.
- Setting an element slice in objectify could insert slice-overlapping elements at the wrong position.
- The generated API documentation was cleaned up and disburdened from non-public classes etc.
- The previously public module lxml.html.setmixin was renamed to lxml.html._setmixin as it is not an official part of lxml. If you want to use it, feel free to copy it over to your own source base.
- Passing --with-xslt-config=/path/to/xslt-config to setup.py will override the xslt-config script that is used to determine the C compiler options.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|lxml-2.0.1-py2.4-win32.egg (3.2 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Egg||2.4|
|lxml-2.0.1-py2.5-win32.egg (3.2 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Egg||2.5|
|lxml-2.0.1.tar.gz (2.0 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|
|lxml-2.0.1.win32-py2.4.exe (3.2 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Windows Installer||2.4|
|lxml-2.0.1.win32-py2.5.exe (3.2 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Windows Installer||2.5|