Powerful and Pythonic XML processing library combining libxml2/libxslt with the ElementTree API.
lxml is a Pythonic, mature binding for the libxml2 and libxslt libraries. It provides safe and convenient access to these libraries using the ElementTree API.
It extends the ElementTree API significantly to offer support for XPath, RelaxNG, XML Schema, XSLT, C14N and much more.
In case you want to use the current in-development version of lxml, you can get it from the subversion repository at http://codespeak.net/svn/lxml/trunk . Running easy_install lxml==dev will install it from http://codespeak.net/svn/lxml/trunk#egg=lxml-dev
After an official release of a new stable series, current bug fixes become available at http://codespeak.net/svn/lxml/branch/lxml-2.0 . Running easy_install lxml==2.0bugfix will install this version from http://codespeak.net/svn/lxml/branch/lxml-2.0#egg=lxml-2.0bugfix
- Incorrect evaluation of el.find("tag[child]").
- Windows build was broken.
- Moving a subtree from a document created in one thread into a document of another thread could crash when the rest of the source document is deleted while the subtree is still in use.
- Rare crash when serialising to a file object with certain encodings.
- lxml should now build without problems on MacOS-X.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|lxml-2.0.6-py2.4-win32.egg (3.2 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Egg||2.4|
|lxml-2.0.6-py2.5-win32.egg (3.2 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Egg||2.5|
|lxml-2.0.6.tar.gz (2.1 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|
|lxml-2.0.6.win32-py2.4.exe (3.2 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Windows Installer||2.4|
|lxml-2.0.6.win32-py2.5.exe (3.2 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Windows Installer||2.5|