Powerful and Pythonic XML processing library combining libxml2/libxslt with the ElementTree API.
lxml is a Pythonic, mature binding for the libxml2 and libxslt libraries. It provides safe and convenient access to these libraries using the ElementTree API.
It extends the ElementTree API significantly to offer support for XPath, RelaxNG, XML Schema, XSLT, C14N and much more.
In case you want to use the current in-development version of lxml, you can get it from the subversion repository at http://codespeak.net/svn/lxml/trunk . Running easy_install lxml==dev will install it from http://codespeak.net/svn/lxml/trunk#egg=lxml-dev
After an official release of a new stable series, current bug fixes become available at http://codespeak.net/svn/lxml/branch/lxml-2.0 . Running easy_install lxml==2.0bugfix will install this version from http://codespeak.net/svn/lxml/branch/lxml-2.0#egg=lxml-2.0bugfix
- Pickling ElementTree objects in lxml.objectify.
- Descending dot-separated classes in CSS selectors were not resolved correctly.
- ElementTree.parse() didn’t handle target parser result.
- Potential threading problem in XInclude.
- Crash in Element class lookup classes when the __init__() method of the super class is not called from Python subclasses.
- Non-ASCII characters in attribute values are no longer escaped on serialisation.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size lxml-2.0.7-py2.4-win32.egg (3.2 MB)||File type Egg||Python version 2.4||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size lxml-2.0.7-py2.5-win32.egg (3.2 MB)||File type Egg||Python version 2.5||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size lxml-2.0.7.tar.gz (2.1 MB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size lxml-2.0.7.win32-py2.4.exe (3.2 MB)||File type Windows Installer||Python version 2.4||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size lxml-2.0.7.win32-py2.5.exe (3.2 MB)||File type Windows Installer||Python version 2.5||Upload date||Hashes View|