Powerful and Pythonic XML processing library combining libxml2/libxslt with the ElementTree API.
lxml is a Pythonic, mature binding for the libxml2 and libxslt libraries. It provides safe and convenient access to these libraries using the ElementTree API.
It extends the ElementTree API significantly to offer support for XPath, RelaxNG, XML Schema, XSLT, C14N and much more.
To contact the project, go to the project home page or see our bug tracker at https://launchpad.net/lxml
In case you want to use the current in-development version of lxml, you can get it from the subversion repository at http://codespeak.net/svn/lxml/trunk . Running easy_install lxml==dev will install it from http://codespeak.net/svn/lxml/trunk#egg=lxml-dev
- Separate feed_error_log property for the feed parser interface. The normal parser interface and iterparse continue to use error_log.
- The normal parsers and the feed parser interface are now separated and can be used concurrently on the same parser instance.
- fromstringlist() and tostringlist() functions as in ElementTree 1.3
- iterparse() accepts an html boolean keyword argument for parsing with the HTML parser (note that this interface may be subject to change)
- Parsers accept an encoding keyword argument that overrides the encoding of the parsed documents.
- New C-API function hasChild() to test for children
- annotate() function in objectify can annotate with Python types and XSI types in one step. Accompanied by xsiannotate() and pyannotate().
- XML feed parser setup problem
- Type annotation for unicode strings in DataElement()
- lxml.etree now emits a warning if you use XPath with libxml2 2.6.27 (which can crash on certain XPath errors)
- Type annotation in objectify now preserves the already annotated type be default to prevent loosing type information that is already there.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|lxml-2.0alpha3-py2.4-win32.egg (3.1 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Egg||2.4||Sep 26, 2007|
|lxml-2.0alpha3-py2.5-win32.egg (3.1 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Egg||2.5||Sep 26, 2007|
|lxml-2.0alpha3.tar.gz (2.0 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Sep 26, 2007|
|lxml-2.0alpha3.win32-py2.4.exe (3.1 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Windows Installer||2.4||Sep 26, 2007|
|lxml-2.0alpha3.win32-py2.5.exe (3.1 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Windows Installer||2.5||Sep 26, 2007|