Powerful and Pythonic XML processing library combining libxml2/libxslt with the ElementTree API.
lxml is a Pythonic, mature binding for the libxml2 and libxslt libraries. It provides safe and convenient access to these libraries using the ElementTree API.
It extends the ElementTree API significantly to offer support for XPath, RelaxNG, XML Schema, XSLT, C14N and much more.
To contact the project, go to the project home page or see our bug tracker at https://launchpad.net/lxml
In case you want to use the current in-development version of lxml, you can get it from the subversion repository at http://codespeak.net/svn/lxml/trunk . Running easy_install lxml==dev will install it from http://codespeak.net/svn/lxml/trunk#egg=lxml-dev
- Rich comparison of element.attrib proxies.
- ElementTree compatible TreeBuilder class.
- Use default prefixes for some common XML namespaces.
- lxml.html.clean.Cleaner now allows for a host_whitelist, and two overridable methods: allow_embedded_url(el, url) and the more general allow_element(el).
- Extended slicing of Elements as in element[1:-1:2], both in etree and in objectify
- Resolvers can now provide a base_url keyword argument when resolving a document as string data.
- When using lxml.doctestcompare you can give the doctest option NOPARSE_MARKUP (like # doctest: +NOPARSE_MARKUP) to suppress the special checking for one test.
- Target parser failed to report comments.
- In the lxml.html iter_links method, links in <object> tags weren’t recognized. (Note: plugin-specific link parameters still aren’t recognized.) Also, the <embed> tag, though not standard, is now included in lxml.html.defs.special_inline_tags.
- Using custom resolvers on XSLT stylesheets parsed from a string could request ill-formed URLs.
- With lxml.doctestcompare if you do <tag xmlns="..."> in your output, it will then be namespace-neutral (before the ellipsis was treated as a real namespace).
- The module source files were renamed to “lxml.*.pyx”, such as “lxml.etree.pyx”. This was changed for consistency with the way Pyrex commonly handles package imports. The main effect is that classes now know about their fully qualified class name, including the package name of their module.
- Keyword-only arguments in some API functions, especially in the parsers and serialisers.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|lxml-2.0alpha5-py2.4-win32.egg (3.2 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Egg||2.4|
|lxml-2.0alpha5-py2.5-win32.egg (3.2 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Egg||2.5|
|lxml-2.0alpha5.tar.gz (2.2 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|
|lxml-2.0alpha5.win32-py2.4.exe (3.2 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Windows Installer||2.4|
|lxml-2.0alpha5.win32-py2.5.exe (3.2 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Windows Installer||2.5|