Powerful and Pythonic XML processing library combining libxml2/libxslt with the ElementTree API.
lxml is a Pythonic, mature binding for the libxml2 and libxslt libraries. It provides safe and convenient access to these libraries using the ElementTree API.
It extends the ElementTree API significantly to offer support for XPath, RelaxNG, XML Schema, XSLT, C14N and much more.
In case you want to use the current in-development version of lxml, you can get it from the subversion repository at http://codespeak.net/svn/lxml/trunk . Running easy_install lxml==dev will install it from http://codespeak.net/svn/lxml/trunk#egg=lxml-dev
After an official release of a new stable series, current bug fixes become available at http://codespeak.net/svn/lxml/branch/lxml-2.1 . Running easy_install lxml==2.1bugfix will install this version from http://codespeak.net/svn/lxml/branch/lxml-2.1#egg=lxml-2.1bugfix
- Ref-count leaks when lxml enters a try-except statement while an outside exception lives in sys.exc_*(). This was due to a problem in Cython, not lxml itself.
- Parser Unicode decoding errors could get swallowed by other exceptions.
- Name/import errors in some Python modules.
- Internal DTD subsets that did not specify a system or public ID were not serialised and did not appear in the docinfo property of ElementTrees.
- Fix a pre-Py3k warning when parsing from a gzip file in Py2.6.
- Test suite fixes for libxml2 2.7.
- Resolver.resolve_string() did not work for non-ASCII byte strings.
- Resolver.resolve_file() was broken.
- Overriding the parser encoding didn’t work for many encodings.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|lxml-2.1.3-py2.4-win32.egg (2.5 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Egg||2.4||Nov 19, 2008|
|lxml-2.1.3-py2.5-win32.egg (2.5 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Egg||2.5||Nov 19, 2008|
|lxml-2.1.3-py2.6-win32.egg (2.5 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Egg||2.6||Nov 19, 2008|
|lxml-2.1.3.tar.gz (2.7 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Nov 19, 2008|
|lxml-2.1.3.win32-py2.4.exe (2.5 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Windows Installer||2.4||Nov 19, 2008|
|lxml-2.1.3.win32-py2.5.exe (2.5 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Windows Installer||2.5||Nov 19, 2008|
|lxml-2.1.3.win32-py2.6.exe (2.5 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Windows Installer||2.6||Nov 19, 2008|