Powerful and Pythonic XML processing library combining libxml2/libxslt with the ElementTree API.
lxml is a Pythonic, mature binding for the libxml2 and libxslt libraries. It provides safe and convenient access to these libraries using the ElementTree API.
It extends the ElementTree API significantly to offer support for XPath, RelaxNG, XML Schema, XSLT, C14N and much more.
In case you want to use the current in-development version of lxml, you can get it from the subversion repository at http://codespeak.net/svn/lxml/trunk . Running easy_install lxml==dev will install it from http://codespeak.net/svn/lxml/trunk#egg=lxml-dev
After an official release of a new stable series, current bug fixes become available at http://codespeak.net/svn/lxml/branch/lxml-2.1 . Running easy_install lxml==2.1bugfix will install this version from http://codespeak.net/svn/lxml/branch/lxml-2.1#egg=lxml-2.1bugfix
- Smart strings can be switched off in XPath (smart_string keyword option).
- lxml.html.rewrite_links() strips links to work around documents with whitespace in URL attributes.
- Custom resolvers were not used for XMLSchema includes/imports and XInclude processing.
- CSS selector parser dropped remaining expression after a function with parameters.
- objectify.enableRecursiveStr() was removed, use objectify.enable_recursive_str() instead
- Speed-up when running XSLTs on documents from other threads
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|lxml-2.1-py2.4-win32.egg (2.4 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Egg||2.4||Jul 10, 2008|
|lxml-2.1-py2.5-win32.egg (2.4 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Egg||2.5||Jul 10, 2008|
|lxml-2.1-py2.6-win32.egg (2.4 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Egg||2.6||Jul 10, 2008|
|lxml-2.1.tar.gz (2.7 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Jul 9, 2008|
|lxml-2.1.win32-py2.4.exe (2.4 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Windows Installer||2.4||Jul 10, 2008|
|lxml-2.1.win32-py2.5.exe (2.4 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Windows Installer||2.5||Jul 10, 2008|
|lxml-2.1.win32-py2.6.exe (2.4 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Windows Installer||2.6||Jul 10, 2008|