Powerful and Pythonic XML processing library combining libxml2/libxslt with the ElementTree API.
lxml is a Pythonic, mature binding for the libxml2 and libxslt libraries. It provides safe and convenient access to these libraries using the ElementTree API.
It extends the ElementTree API significantly to offer support for XPath, RelaxNG, XML Schema, XSLT, C14N and much more.
In case you want to use the current in-development version of lxml, you can get it from the subversion repository at http://codespeak.net/svn/lxml/trunk . Running easy_install lxml==dev will install it from http://codespeak.net/svn/lxml/trunk#egg=lxml-dev
After an official release of a new stable series, bug fixes may become available at http://codespeak.net/svn/lxml/branch/lxml-2.2 . Running easy_install lxml==2.2bugfix will install the unreleased branch state from http://codespeak.net/svn/lxml/branch/lxml-2.2#egg=lxml-2.2bugfix as soon as a maintenance branch has been established.
- Support for running XSLT extension elements on the input root node (e.g. in a template matching on “/”).
- Crash in XPath evaluation when reading smart strings from a document other than the original context document.
- Support recent versions of html5lib by not requiring its XHTMLParser in htmlparser.py anymore.
- Manually instantiating the custom element classes in lxml.objectify could crash.
- Invalid XML text characters were not rejected by the API when they appeared in unicode strings directly after non-ASCII characters.
- lxml.html.open_http_urllib() did not work in Python 3.
- The functions strip_tags() and strip_elements() in lxml.etree did not remove all occurrences of a tag in all cases.
- Crash in XSLT extension elements when the XSLT context node is not an element.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size lxml-2.2.5.tar.gz (3.0 MB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|