Powerful and Pythonic XML processing library combining libxml2/libxslt with the ElementTree API.
lxml is a Pythonic, mature binding for the libxml2 and libxslt libraries. It provides safe and convenient access to these libraries using the ElementTree API.
It extends the ElementTree API significantly to offer support for XPath, RelaxNG, XML Schema, XSLT, C14N and much more.
In case you want to use the current in-development version of lxml, you can get it from the subversion repository at http://codespeak.net/svn/lxml/trunk . Running easy_install lxml==dev will install it from http://codespeak.net/svn/lxml/trunk#egg=lxml-dev
- Support for XSLT result tree fragments in XPath/XSLT extension functions.
- QName objects have new properties namespace and localname.
- New options for exclusive C14N and C14N without comments.
- Instantiating a custom Element classes creates a new Element.
- XSLT didn’t inherit the parse options of the input document.
- 0-bytes could slip through the API when used inside of Unicode strings.
- With lxml.html.clean.autolink, links with balanced parenthesis, that end in a parenthesis, will be linked in their entirety (typical with Wikipedia links).