Powerful and Pythonic XML processing library combining libxml2/libxslt with the ElementTree API.
lxml is a Pythonic, mature binding for the libxml2 and libxslt libraries. It provides safe and convenient access to these libraries using the ElementTree API.
It extends the ElementTree API significantly to offer support for XPath, RelaxNG, XML Schema, XSLT, C14N and much more.
In case you want to use the current in-development version of lxml, you can get it from the github repository at https://github.com/lxml/lxml . Note that this requires Cython to build the sources, see the build instructions on the project home page. To the same end, running easy_install lxml==dev will install lxml from https://github.com/lxml/lxml/tarball/master#egg=lxml-dev if you have an appropriate version of Cython installed.
- New build-time option --with-unicode-strings for Python 2 that makes the API always return Unicode strings for names and text instead of byte strings for plain ASCII content.
- New incremental XML file writing API etree.xmlfile().
- E factory in lxml.objectify is callable to simplify the creation of tags with non-identifier names without having to resort to getattr().
- When starting from a non-namespaced element in lxml.objectify, searching for a child without explicitly specifying a namespace incorrectly found namespaced elements with the requested local name, instead of restricting the search to non-namespaced children.
- GH#85: Deprecation warnings were fixed for Python 3.x.
- GH#33: lxml.html.fromstring() failed to accept bytes input in Py3.
- LP#1080792: Static build of libxml2 2.9.0 failed due to missing file.
- The externally useless class _ObjectifyElementMakerCaller was removed from the module API of lxml.objectify.
- LP#1075622: lxml.builder is faster for adding text to elements with many children. Patch by Anders Hammarquist.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size lxml-3.1beta1.tar.gz (3.3 MB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|