Powerful and Pythonic XML processing library combining libxml2/libxslt with the ElementTree API.
lxml is a Pythonic, mature binding for the libxml2 and libxslt libraries. It provides safe and convenient access to these libraries using the ElementTree API.
It extends the ElementTree API significantly to offer support for XPath, RelaxNG, XML Schema, XSLT, C14N and much more.
In case you want to use the current in-development version of lxml, you can get it from the github repository at https://github.com/lxml/lxml . Note that this requires Cython to build the sources, see the build instructions on the project home page. To the same end, running easy_install lxml==dev will install lxml from https://github.com/lxml/lxml/tarball/master#egg=lxml-dev if you have an appropriate version of Cython installed.
- The (empty) value returned by the attrib property of Entity and Comment objects was mutable.
- Element class lookup wasn’t available for the new pull parsers or when using a custom parser target.
- Setting Element attributes on instantiation with both the attrib argument and keyword arguments could modify the mapping passed as attrib.
- LP#1266171: DTDs instantiated from internal/external subsets (i.e. through the docinfo property) lost their attribute declarations.
- Built with Cython 0.20pre (gitrev 012ae82eb) to prepare support for Python 3.4.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size lxml-3.3.0beta4.tar.gz (3.4 MB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|