Powerful and Pythonic XML processing library combining libxml2/libxslt with the ElementTree API.
lxml is a Pythonic, mature binding for the libxml2 and libxslt libraries. It provides safe and convenient access to these libraries using the ElementTree API.
It extends the ElementTree API significantly to offer support for XPath, RelaxNG, XML Schema, XSLT, C14N and much more.
In case you want to use the current in-development version of lxml, you can get it from the github repository at https://github.com/lxml/lxml . Note that this requires Cython to build the sources, see the build instructions on the project home page. To the same end, running easy_install lxml==dev will install lxml from https://github.com/lxml/lxml/tarball/master#egg=lxml-dev if you have an appropriate version of Cython installed.
- The PEP 393 unicode parsing support gained a fallback for wchar strings which might still be somewhat common on Windows systems.
- Several error handling problems were fixed throughout the code base that could previously lead to exceptions being silently swallowed or not properly reported.
- The C-API function appendChild() is now deprecated as it does not propagate exceptions (its return type is void). The new function appendChildToElement() was added as a safe replacement.
- Passing a string into fromstringlist() raises an exception instead of parsing the string character by character.
- Document cleanup code was simplified using the new GC features in Cython 0.20.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size lxml-3.3.0beta5.tar.gz (3.4 MB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|