Malleefowl simplifies the usage of WPS and has some supporting WPS processes.
- Malleefowl (the bird)
- Malleefowl are shy, wary, solitary birds that usually fly only to escape danger or reach a tree to roost in. Although very active, they are seldom seen [..] (Wikipedia).
Malleefowl is a Python package to simplify the usage of Web Processing Services (WPS). Currently it is using the PyWPS server. It comes with some WPS processes which are used by the Phoenix WPS web-application. These processes are used to support climate data processing with WPS.
Check out code from the malleefowl github repo and start the installation:
$ git clone https://github.com/bird-house/malleefowl.git $ cd malleefowl $ make
For other install options run make help and read the documention for the Makefile.
After successful installation you need to start the services. Malleefowl is using Anaconda Python distribution system. All installed files (config etc …) are below the Anaconda root folder which is by default in your home directory ~/anaconda. Now, start the services:
$ make start # starts supervisor services $ make status # show supervisor status
The depolyed WPS service is available on http://localhost:8091/wps?service=WPS&version=1.0.0&request=GetCapabilities.
Check the log files for errors:
$ tail -f ~/anaconda/var/log/pywps/malleefowl.log $ tail -f ~/anaconda/var/log/pywps/malleefowl_trace.log
If you want to run on a different hostname or port then change the default values in custom.cfg:
$ cd malleefowl $ vim custom.cfg $ cat custom.cfg [settings] hostname = localhost http-port = 8091
After any change to your custom.cfg you need to run make install again and restart the supervisor service:
$ make install $ make restart $ make status
- wget download with thredding.
- added log-level to settings.
- Disabled map processes.
- wget process using local file archive.
- esgsearch process added.
- Disabled restflow.
- Using dispel4py workflow engine.
- Added wpsfetch script to retrieve test data for unit tests.
- changed config for cache_path and cache_url.
- Cleaned up unit tests.
- download method added.
- Using buildout 2.x.
- Fixed LD_LIBRARY_PATH for myproxy-logon. Should not use openssl library from anaconda.
- Replaced install.sh by Makefile.
- Dockerfile added.
- Fixed pyOpenSSL dependency.
- Updated docs.
- Updated dependencies.
- Dockfile for automated builds added.
- Changed default cache path.
- Initial Release.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size malleefowl-0.1.7.tar.gz (41.8 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|