Manuel lets you build tested documentation.
Documentation, a full list of included plug-ins, and examples are available at http://packages.python.org/manuel/.
Source code is available from from svn://svn.zope.org/repos/main/manuel/trunk and can be viewed at http://svn.zope.org/manuel/.
- Ported to Python 3, still works in 2.6 and up.
- Removed the dependency on zope.testrunner
- Added the ability to run the tests using “setup.py test”.
- Fixed a bug that caused extra example evaluation if multiple doctest manuels were used at once (e.g. to execute Python and shell code in the same document).
- Added a parser keyword argument to manuel.doctest.Manuel to allow a custom doctest parser to be passed in. This allows easily adding support for other languages or other (but similar) example syntaxes.
- Respect test runner reporting switches (e.g., zope.testrunner’s –ndiff switch)
- Fixed a bug that caused post-mortem debugging to not work most of the time.
- Made manuel.testing.TestCase.id return a sensible textual value at all times. This keeps Twisted’s trial testrunner happy.
- Conform to repository policy.
- Switch to using zope.testrunner instead of zope.testing due to API changes. zope.testing is now only required for testing.
- fix the way globs are handled; fixes https://bugs.launchpad.net/manuel/+bug/582482
- fix a SyntaxError when running the tests under Python 2.5
- improved error message for improperly indented capture directive
- Manuel no longer uses the now depricated zope.testing.doctest (requires zope.testing 3.9.1 or newer)
- fix a bug that caused Manuel to choke on empty documents (patch submitted by Bjorn Tillenius)
- add a pointer to Manuel’s Subversion repo on the PyPI page
- add an optional parameter that allows a custom TestCase class to be passed to TestSuite() (patch submitted by Bjorn Tillenius)
- use newer setuptools (one compatible with Subversion 1.6) so built distributions include all files
- fix a small doc thinko
- fix the code-block handler to allow :linenos:
- open files in universal newlines mode
- fix a bug that caused instances of zope.testing.doctest.Example (and instances of subclasses of the same) to be silently ignored.
- fix line number reporting for test failures
- Python 2.4 compatability fix
- add the ability to identify and run subsets of documents (using the -t switch of zope.testing’s testrunner for example)
- major docs improvements
- added several new plug-ins
- add a larger example of using Manuel (table-example.txt)
- make the test suite factory function try harder to find the calling module
- fix a bug in the order regions are evaluated
- add a Manuel object that can evaluate Python code in “.. code-block:: python” regions of a reST document
- make the global state (“globs”) shared between all evaluators, not just doctest
- make zope.testing’s testrunner recognized the enhanced, doctest-style errors generated by Manuel
- rework the evaluaters to work region-by-region instead of on the entire document
- switch to using regular Python classes for Manuel objects instead of previous prototype-y style
- first release