A framework for network services, talkers and MUDs
An event-based python framework designed for building TCP/IP services, such as echo servers, flash policy servers, chatrooms, talkers and MUDs. Batteries included.
- Event-based framework with support for timers
- Supports raw sockets or telnet with negotiation
- Supports seamless restarts while maintaining connections and state
- Common extras included, such as:
- command manager
- storage system
- natural language processing tools
- accounts, login helpers and rooms
Version 0.6.3. Supports Python 2.7 and 3.2 to 3.6.
See the Documentation for details of how Mara works.
Install Mara with pip install mara, then write your service using event handlers.
A minimal Mara service looks something like this:
from mara import Service, events service = Service() @service.listen(events.Receive) def receive(event): event.client.write(event.data) if __name__ == '__main__': service.run()
Save it as echo.py and run it:
python echo.py * Server listening on 127.0.0.1:9000
Override settings in code, or by passing arguments on the command line:
python echo.py --host=10.0.0.11 --port=8000 * Server listening on 10.0.0.11:8000