A Python-Markdown plugin for creating memes and finding the best-fitting gifs for your posts.
A Python-Markdown plugin for autocreating memes and finding the best-fitting gifs for your posts.
In most blogging platforms, putting memes or gifs in your posts is a bit of a bother. You have to manually search for them, download/generate them, then upload them back, or search and paste the url.
This Markdown extension was created to make this process simpler, less time-consuming, and more fun!
Install it using pip:
$ pip install markdown-magic
[magic] meme: top_text | bottom_text [/magic]
for whichever meme template you want to use, and markdown-magic
will detect which template to use on its own.
The markdown-magic currently supports the following meme templates:
- Lord of the Rings Boromir - “One does not simply”
- The Most Interesting Man in the World - “I don’t always… when I do”
- Ancient Aliens History Channel Guy
- Grumpy Cat
- Buzz Lightyear and Woody from Toy Story - “X, X everywhere”
- Futurama Fry - “Not sure if…”
- Y U NO Guy
- Ned Stark from Game of Thrones - “Brace yourself/yourselves…”
- X all the Y
- Bill Lumburgh from Office Space - “…that would be great”
- The rent is too damn high
- The Big Lebowski - “Am I the only one around here…”
- Matrix Morpheus - “What if I told you…”
- Ain’t nobody got time for that
- Heath Ledger Joker - “Nobody bats an eye… everyone loses their minds”
More to be added soon!
Just type in
[magic] gif: <list of space-separated search parameters> [/magic]
and markdown-magic will search and use the appropriate gif
according to the given search parameters.
Here’s an example on the Python interpreter:
>>> import markdown >>> text = """ ... [magic] meme: rains | y u no happen during summers [/magic] ... Some text here. ... [magic] gif: spongebob squarepants [/magic] ... """ >>> print(markdown.markdown(text, extensions=['magic'])) <p><img alt="meme: rains | y u no happen during summers " src="http://i.imgflip.com/sytk1.jpg" title="meme: rains | y u no happen during summers " /> Some text here. <img alt="gif: spongebob squarepants " src="http://media4.giphy.com/media/acEFQYr6ljKDu/200.gif" title="gif: spongebob squarepants " /></p>
- Expand list of supported memes
- Find a way to search for xkcd comics and other webcomics efficiently using keywords
- Find more cool things to implement in the [magic] tag
Copyright 2015 Radhika Ghosal, all rights reserved.
This software is released under the MIT license.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size markdown-magic-1.1.2.tar.gz (6.6 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|