A Python-Markdown plugin for creating memes and finding the best-fitting gifs for your posts.
A Python-Markdown plugin for autocreating memes and finding the best-fitting gifs for your posts.
In most blogging platforms, putting memes or gifs in your posts is a bit of a bother. You have to manually search for them, download/generate them, then upload them back, or search and paste the url.
This Markdown extension was created to make this process simpler, less time-consuming, and more fun!
Install it using pip:
$ pip install markdown-magic
[magic] meme: top_text | bottom_text [/magic]
for whichever meme template you want to use, and markdown-magic
will detect which template to use on its own.
The markdown-magic currently supports the following meme templates:
- Lord of the Rings Boromir - “One does not simply”
- The Most Interesting Man in the World - “I don’t always… when I do”
- Ancient Aliens History Channel Guy
- Grumpy Cat
- Buzz Lightyear and Woody from Toy Story - “X, X everywhere”
- Futurama Fry - “Not sure if…”
- Y U NO Guy
- Ned Stark from Game of Thrones - “Brace yourself/yourselves…”
- X all the Y
- Bill Lumburgh from Office Space - “…that would be great”
- The rent is too damn high
- The Big Lebowski - “Am I the only one around here…”
- Matrix Morpheus - “What if I told you…”
- Ain’t nobody got time for that
- Heath Ledger Joker - “Nobody bats an eye… everyone loses their minds”
More to be added soon!
Just type in
[magic] gif: <list of space-separated search parameters> [/magic]
and markdown-magic will search and use the appropriate gif
according to the given search parameters.
Here’s an example on the Python interpreter:
>>> import markdown >>> text = """ ... [magic] meme: rains | y u no happen during summers [/magic] ... Some text here. ... [magic] gif: spongebob squarepants [/magic] ... """ >>> print(markdown.markdown(text, extensions=['magic'])) <p><img alt="meme: rains | y u no happen during summers " src="http://i.imgflip.com/sytk1.jpg" title="meme: rains | y u no happen during summers " /> Some text here. <img alt="gif: spongebob squarepants " src="http://media4.giphy.com/media/acEFQYr6ljKDu/200.gif" title="gif: spongebob squarepants " /></p>
- Expand list of supported memes
- Find a way to search for xkcd comics and other webcomics efficiently using keywords
- Find more cool things to implement in the [magic] tag
Copyright 2015 Radhika Ghosal, all rights reserved.
This software is released under the MIT license.