Highlight.js-based syntax highlighting for web pages built with markyp-html
Highlight.js-based syntax highlighting for web pages built with markyp-html.
The project is listed on the Python Package Index, it can be installed simply by executing
pip install markyp-highlightjs.
If you are not familiar with the basic concepts of
markyp, please start by having a look at its documentation here.
The following code shows the creation of a simple webpage that displays syntax highlighted Python code. There are three things to note in the example:
- The selected theme (CSS) is added to the head of the document.
- The syntax highlighted code is created using the
In general, please treat each other with respect and follow the below guidelines to interact with the project:
- Questions, feedback: Open an issue with a
- Bug reports: Open an issue with a
[Bug] <issue-title>title, an adequate description of the bug, and a code snippet that reproduces the issue if possible.
- Feature requests and ideas: Open an issue with an
[Enhancement] <issue-title>title and a clear description of the enhancement proposal.
Every form of contribution is welcome, including documentation improvements, tests, bug fixes, and feature implementations.
Please follow these guidelines to contribute to the project:
- Make sure your changes match the documentation and coding style of the project, including PEP 484 type annotations.
mypyis used to type-check the codebase, submitted code should not produce typing errors. See this page for more information on
- Small fixes can be submitted simply by creating a pull request.
- Non-trivial changes should have an associated issue in the issue tracker that commits must reference (typically by adding
#refs <issue-id>to the end of commit messages).
- Please write tests for the changes you make (if applicable).
If you have any questions about contributing to the project, please contact the project owner.
As mentioned in the contribution guidelines, the project is type-checked using
mypy, so first of all, the project must pass
mypy's static code analysis.
The project is tested using
pytest. The chosen test layout is that tests are outside the application code, see this page for details on what it means in practice.
pytest is installed, the test set can be executed using the
pytest test command from within the project directory.
pytest-cov is also installed, a test coverage report can be generated by executing
pytest test --cov markyp_highlightjs from the root directory of the project.
License - MIT
The library is open-sourced under the conditions of the MIT license.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for markyp-highlightjs-0.1906.0.tar.gz
Hashes for markyp_highlightjs-0.1906.0-py3-none-any.whl