Mathdeck a program suite for managing the computations involved in writing displaying, and grading mathematical based homework problems.
Mathdeck is a program suite for managing the computations involved in writing, displaying, and grading mathematical based homework problems. It is written to abstract away computations so that other responsibilities such as managing users and grades can be left to more apt systems such as online course management systems.
- Tool suite and standard spec for writing homework problems.
- A system for displaying problem files.
- A system for measuring how close a proposed solution is to a predefined solution and offering suggestions for improvement to lead a student in the right direction.
- Clear developer API.
- Clear and comprehensive documentation.
- Comprehensive test suite.
- Creating problems should be as easy as possible for people who are mathematically inclined and would be able to pick up the basics of python in a couple days.
- Python 2.7+ and 3+ support
Documentation source files are found in the
docs/ folder within the source. Compiled documentation files are hosted on Read the Docs.
Issues are hosted on Github Issues.
Discussion is on Google Groups.
- Python 2.7+
- Sympy 0.7.5+ (for writing and checking problems)
- Jinja2 2.7.3+ (for displaying problems)
It’s recommended you first use the python package “virtualenv” to create a
separate virtual environment before installing. To install mathcheck for
development purposes run
python setup.py develop in the command line in
the root of the project folder (the folder with setup.py). To run the tests run
python -m unnittest discover (requires python 2.7+) in the root folder.
About the name
Mathdeck is short for math display and check, the program’s two main functions.
Mathdeck is licensed under the BSD 3-Clause license. See LICENSE file for more details.