Datetimes for Humans.
Datetimes are very frustrating to work with in Python, especially when dealing with different locales on different systems. This library exists to make the simple things much easier, while admitting that time is an illusion (timezones doubly so).
Datetimes should be interacted with via an API written for humans.
☤ Basic Usage of Maya
Behold, datetimes for humans!
>>> now = maya.now() <MayaDT epoch=1481850660.9> >>> tomorrow = maya.when('tomorrow') <MayaDT epoch=1481919067.23> >>> tomorrow.slang_date() 'tomorrow' >>> tomorrow.slang_time() '23 hours from now' >>> tomorrow.iso8601() '2016-12-16T15:11:30.263350Z' >>> tomorrrow.rfc2822() 'Fri, 16 Dec 2016 20:11:30 -0000' >>> tomorrow.datetime() datetime.datetime(2016, 12, 16, 15, 11, 30, 263350, tzinfo=<UTC>) # Automatically parse datetime strings and generate naive datetimes. >>> scraped = '2016-12-16 18:23:45.423992+00:00' >>> maya.parse(scraped).datetime(to_timezone='US/Eastern', naive=True) datetime.datetime(2016, 12, 16, 13, 23, 45, 423992) >>> rand_day = maya.when('2011-02-07', timezone='US/Eastern') <MayaDT epoch=1297036800.0> # Note how this is the 6th, not the 7th. >>> rand_day.day 6 # Always. >>> rand_day.timezone UTC
☤ Why is this useful?
- All timezone algebra will behave identically on all machines, regardless of system locale.
- Complete symmetric import and export of both ISO 8601 and RFC 2822 datetime stamps.
- Fantastic parsing of both dates written for/by humans and machines (maya.when() vs maya.parse()).
- Support for human slang, both import and export (e.g. an hour ago).
- Datetimes can very easily be generated, with our without tzinfo attached.
- This library is based around epoch time, but dates before Jan 1 1970 are indeed supported, via negative integers.
- Maya never panics, and always carrys a towel.
☤ Installing Maya
Maya hasn’t been released yet, but will be very soon!
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|maya-0.1.0-py2-none-any.whl (3.9 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||2.7|
|maya-0.1.0.tar.gz (2.3 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|