A simple tool to download or update Minecraft Java server and launcher.
"mcget" is a simple tool to download and update the Minecraft server or/and launcher.
- Install or update the Minecraft server (
server.jar) in any directory.
- Install or update the Minecraft Java launcher (
launcher.jar) in any directory (This launcher variant was chosen because it works on every OS and only requires Java installed).
- Downloads files only if outdated or not installed.
- Uses the SHA1 hash provided by Mojang API to check download integrity and check if a file needs to be updated.
- Performs the operation on server and launcher in parallel to improve update performance.
"mcget" can be installed using pip and require Python >= 3.6:
pip3 install mcget
"mcget" is a simple command line utility that support following arguments:
-l: If specified, install or update the launcher.
-s: If specified, Install or update the server.
-o: Output directory. Default to current directory if not specified.
-q: If specified, hide outputs.
--version: If specified, return "mcget" version and exit.
Installing (or updating) the launcher and the server in a the
mcget --launcher --server --out_dir=/opt/minecraft # Or with a shorter syntax: mcget -lso /opt/minecraft
Installing (or updating) the server only in the current directory:
mcget --server # Or with a shorter syntax: mcget -s
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.