MasterCard file utilities
Set of command line utilities to work with various MasterCard files.
- Free software: BSD license
- Documentation: https://mciutil.readthedocs.org.
THIS PACKAGE HAS BEEN DEPRECATED AND WILL NOT BE UPDATED GOING FORWARD
This package was created when I first started learning python. I have learned a lot over the last 4 years and I now see the error in my ways.
Some of the issues with this module that prompted me to rewrite it:
- memory efficiency - loads entire file into memory for processing. Very ineffient and not very scalable
- programming interface - mciutil did not consider the developer experience. You have to hack to use the logic elsewhere
- dependencies - Too many third party modules, with ones that required a compilation. New version is compile free
- bloat - I used a cookie cutter template when I started and it has stuff I don’t like, value or use.
- just mastercard - The old module was for mastercard only but I think it makes sense to have a library for all card utils
- python 2 guff - mciutil works on py2 and 3. There is a lot of gunk in the code to make this work. We live in a py3 world now!
The replacement module is cardutil - see https://cardutil.readthedocs.io It addresses all of the above issues.
why not just update mciutil?
Thats a good question. I think because the new codebase as developed from scratch rather than via changes to the existing one (there is some borrowed code from mciutil). If I just released a new version, anyone leaning on the internal API’s would definetly be in trouble as they are not the same.
Provides the following command line utilities:
- paramconv: Utility for working with MasterCard MPE parameter extract files
- mideu: Utility for working with MasterCard IPM files
- Removed dependency on bitarray (no binary wheels)
- Added details on installation for non-python users
- 2 years almost since last update!
- Fixed version display in release version.
- Removed support for mongo extract
- added support for latin1 encoding of csv extract
- fixes to setup process so that mideu.yml file is installed
- fixed de43 split to allow more formats for different countries
- added --no1014blocking option to allow processing of VBS structure files.
- check that all of message consumed by fields otherwise raise exception
- get rid of a heap of debugging prints that were clogging the output
- allow freestyle de43 fields with the de43 processor enabled. Use regex rather than string splits
- Fix issue with mideu when no parameters passed (stack trace)
- Some more debugging messages provided with -d switch
- signed the release with key for 0.4.4. need to publish my pub key somewhere..
- Complete data elements added to default config.
- Added versioneer support for easier package versions
- Additional data elements added to default config file.
- Now supporting python 2.6 (for all those still using RHEL 6)
- Headers rows in mideu csv extracts don’t work in 2.6
- added sub commands for mideu
- mideu now supports IPM encoding conversion between ascii and ebcdic
- Now faster using list comps instead of slow loops
- Support for config override for mideu - see usage doco
- Progress bar while using mideu.. it takes a while
- Now supports python 3.4, 3.5 and 2.7. Upgrade if you are using 2.6
- New usage documentation
- First release.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size mciutil-0.7.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl (20.0 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size mciutil-0.7.1.tar.gz (49.9 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for mciutil-0.7.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl