Load Meetup events into a Xibo digital signage CMS.
Meetup2xibo is a command line program that retrieves event descriptions from Meetup.com and loads them into a Xibo digital signage dataset. Xibo can display events in sign layouts such as agendas, calendars, room activity signs, and maps.
Meetup2xibo was developed for Nova Labs, a makerspace in Reston, Virginia. The busy Nova Labs calendar has up to a dozen Meetup.com events per day. Xibo displays event agendas for today and tommorrow on several large wall-mounted monitors. Meetup2xibo keeps those agendas up-to-date as events are added, cancelled, or updated.
- Retrieves events from the Meetup.com API.
- Inserts, updates, and deletes events via the Xibo CMS API.
- Extracts event locations from Meetup.com venue name and find-us fields.
- Maps abbreviated and misspelled event locations to preferred forms.
- Allows per-event overrides of location mapping rules.
- Computes event end times from Meetup.com start times and durations.
- Formats event start and end times for Xibo.
- Removes accounting codes from event names.
- Detects and logs schedule conflicts.
- Logs changes to Xibo events.
- Logs location mappings.
Supporting programs …
- Summarize logs in a daily email message.
- Report yesterday’s date for use in shell scripts.
Meetup2xibo was developed by Joel Shprentz (@jshprentz).
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size meetup2xibo-3.3.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl (56.5 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size meetup2xibo-3.3.1.tar.gz (3.8 MB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
Hashes for meetup2xibo-3.3.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl