Listen to your Google Play Music/Soundcloud library from your terminal.
Listen to your Google Play Music and Soundcloud library from your terminal.
- Python 3.5+
pip install melomaniac
You will also need to install mpv to actually play the songs.
To launch the player, just do:
melomaniac listen gmusic
melomaniac listen soundcloud
If this is the first time using a specific backend, Melomaniac will ask you a few pieces of information:
- Gmusic: username and password. There is no way around it. If you have 2FA activated for you account you must create an application specific password.
- Soundcloud: client_id, client_secret, username and password. You need to acquire a client credential for your application, in order for Melomaniac to work. Both username and password will only be used once to retrieve API tokens and will never be stored.
The configuration is stored in ~/.melomaniac/config.yml.
- Access an element (right or enter)
- Navigate a list (up/down)
- Play a song (enter)
- Pause/Resume a song (space)
- Forward/Rewind (f/r)
- Quit (q)
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.