Simple Memory Monitor that helps to decide if it is time to dump data to disk
Very simple memory monitor that records the percent of memory used. This can be useful if you want to dump data to disk if memory consumptions becomes too high.
This package should be installable through pip:
pip install memon
Description and Usage
The MemoryMonitor class takes an interval and a memory_limit in percent.
To start recording memory usage:
from memon import MemoryMonitor import time memmon = MemoryMonitor(interval=0.1) memmon.start() memmon.start_recording() time.sleep(1) memmon.stop_recording() assert len(memmon.history) == 10
If historical data is recorded this can be used to query if memory usage will keep under the memory limit. This is done by calling:
This function makes some assumptions:
- The Python process is the main memory user on the system.
- Any big fluctuations in memory usage are because of memory allocation/deallocation of the process running the memon.
- We want to fit the average fluctuation that occurs during processing under the memory limit.
Because of these assumptions the memory_available() function calculates:
delta = max(history) - min(history) level = mean(history) + delta level < memory_limit
We are happy if you want to contribute. Please raise an issue explaining what is missing or if you find a bug. We will also gladly accept pull requests against our master branch for new features or bug fixes.
For Development we recommend a conda environment
If you want to contribute please follow these steps:
- Fork the memon repository to your account
- make a new feature branch from the memon master branch
- Add your feature
- Please include tests for your contributions in one of the test directories. We use py.test so a simple function called test_my_feature is enough
- submit a pull request to our master branch
This project has been set up using PyScaffold 3.2.3. For details and usage information on PyScaffold see https://pyscaffold.org/.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size memon-0.2.0.tar.gz (14.1 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|