Merge RFC5545 calendar files
A simple Python script to merge RFC5545 calendar files. It accepts several input calendars (referred to as sources) and processes them into one or more output calendar (sinks).
$ pip install merge_ics
$ merge_ics <config_file>
Config file format
merge_ics reads configuration from YAML files passed through the command line as above. These YAML files should contain two nodes:
- sources specifies the input calendars, and
- sinks describes the calendars that should be outputted by the script.
The sources node should contain a mapping whose keys are arbitrary identifiers for the input calendars. The values should again be mappings, with the possible keys being filename and url. The value for filename should describe a local ics file, while that for url should point to a remote one. The presence of both keys will result in merge_ics trying to read and parse the local copy, downloading the remote copy only in case of error.
The sinks node should contain a collection, each of which is a descriptor for an output calendar. These sink descriptors should contain three keys:
- filename: the filename where to write the calendar.
- sources: a mapping with keys being the arbitrary identifiers of the sources that you want to merge. The events from each of these source calendars will be given the corresponding values in a CATEGORIES prop.
- options: a mapping of calendar-level props. Make sure to always include version and prodid (otherwise the resulting ics file will be non-conformant).
sources: 1: filename: https://example.com/cal_local.ics online_cal: url: https://example.com/cal_online.ics 2: filename: cal2.ics url: https://example.com/cal2.ics sinks: - filename: output_cal1.ics sources: 1: Local Events options: version: 2.0 prodid: -//Owner//LocalEvents//EN x-wr-calname: Local Events x-wr-caldesc: Events from my local calendar calscale: GREGORIAN method: PUBLISH x-published-ttl: PT15M - filename: output_cal123.ics sources: 1: Local Events online_cal: Online Events 2: Another Category options: version: 2.0 prodid: -//Owner//Merged//EN x-wr-calname: Merged Calendar x-wr-caldesc: All my events calscale: GREGORIAN method: PUBLISH x-published-ttl: PT15M
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|File Name & Checksum SHA256 Checksum Help||Version||File Type||Upload Date|
|merge_ics-0.2.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (6.1 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||3.5||Wheel||Aug 14, 2016|
|merge_ics-0.2.0.tar.gz (4.5 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||–||Source||Aug 14, 2016|