Cyclesport results and timing toolkit
Cyclesport results and timing toolkit for Python2/pygtk.
This is a transitional, and in some cases, incompatible update of the metarace package toward Python3 and gtk/gi. Before updating from version 1.11 to 1.12, please read Changes below and check the example systems default file metarace.json for any required updates.
Version 1.12 will be the final release of metarace version 1. See related package metarace (version 2) for on-going python3/gi support.
Static gtk, cairo, pango and rsvg libraries:
In preparation for version 2, this library makes the following major departures from older releases:
- System defaults moved to ~/Documents/metarace/default
- "Meet" is now the toplevel type for both track and road races.
- Telegraph is a thin wrapper on MQTT, completely replacing the IRC-backed library with a simpler publish/subscribe approach.
- Single-event, obscure hardware and special-purpose support scripts have been removed from the package. The only remaining console scripts are: metarace, trackmeet and roadmeet.
- Transponder decoder interfaces have been altered to be instances of a new decoder library. Currently supported decoders: Race Result System, Race Result USB, and Chronelec (Tag Heuer) Protime/Elite RC/LS.
- Several modules have been renamed and adjusted to match common use (eg printing/report and mirror/export).
- Application features have been reduced and standardised to meet common use.
- Configparser style .ini files are removed and replaced with JSON-backed jsonconfigs throughout.
- All configuration and setting files are written to disk via metarace.savefile(). Related meets which share resources through symbolic links should be aware that savefile() writes to real file contained in the meet folder, ignoring symbolic links out of the meet if they exist.
- Meet and event configuration options have been adjusted, and in many cases, older configs (v1.11 and earlier) may not be correctly read.
- Default file handling no longer allows fetching of resource files from relative paths. Files are expected to be available in the meet folder, or the system defaults folder (~/Documents/metarace/default)
For a list of changes from the last published pygtk version (1.11) please refer to v1-changes.md.
# pip2 install metarace<2
Version 1 of the metarace package includes the following top-level applications: roadmeet, trackmeet and metarace. Version 2+ releases of the package will not include applications, these will be distributed separately. See related project metarace for more information.
Timing and result application for UCI Part 2 Road Races, UCI Part 5 Cyclo-Cross, criterium, road handicap and ad-hoc time trial events.
usage: roadmeet [meetpath]
Timing and result application for track meets with support for UCI Part 3 Track Races as well as handicap (wheelrace) and hour record events.
usage: trackmeet [meetpath]
Convenience application to browse, create and run metarace meets.
usage: metarace [meetpath]
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for metarace-1.12.3.dev3-py2-none-any.whl