…for applications that haven’t learned to share.
This program lets you synchronize application data using Dropbox.
It automatically starts and stops programs that would otherwise fight over data in a shared folder and ensures only one instance is running. Many applications work fine when their data is stored in Dropbox, but some programs overwrite databases:
while others periodically write snapshot data:
and some just don’t make sense to keep running on all your computers:
- Python 3.3+
Install mine with pip:
$ pip install mine
or directly from the source code:
$ git clone https://github.com/jacebrowning/mine.git $ cd mine $ python setup.py install
Create a mine.yml in your Dropbox:
config: computers: - name: My iMac hostname: My-iMac.local address: 00:11:22:33:44:55 - name: My MacBook Air hostname: My-MacBook-Air.local address: AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF applications: - name: iTunes properties: auto_queue: false single_instance: true versions: mac: iTunes.app windows: iTunes.exe linux: null - name: Slack properties: auto_queue: true single_instance: false versions: mac: Slack.app windows: null linux: null
Include the applications you would like mine to manage. Computers are added automatically when mine is run.
The versions dictionary identifies the name of the executable on each platform. The properties.auto_queue setting indicates mine should attempt to launch the application automatically when switching computers. The properties.single_instance setting indicates the application must be closed on other computers before another instance can start.
To synchronize the current computer’s state:
To close applications on remote computers and start them locally:
$ mine switch
To close applications running locally:
$ mine close
To close applications locally and start them on another computer:
$ mine switch <name>
To delete conflicted files in your Dropbox:
$ mine clean
- Updated switch to close all locally running applications.
- Initial stable release.
- Added a delay to ensure all applications close.
- Fixed cleanup of unused applications and computers.
- Added a close command to close all locally running applications.
- Added periodic checking to the daemon (regardless of file changes).
- Fixed __init__ warnings with YORM v0.8.1.
- Updated to YORM v0.7.2.
- Updated to YORM v0.6.
- Added file watching to update program state faster.
- Added automatic daemon restart using nohup.
- Moved queued to setting properties.single_instance.
- Added properties.auto_queue to filter active applications.
- Fixed daemon warning to run using nohup
- Added --daemon option to run continuously.
- Added edit command to launch the settings file.
- Updated to YORM v0.4.
- Initial release.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|mine-1.1b1-py3-none-any.whl (30.0 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py3||Jan 5, 2017|
|mine-1.1b1.tar.gz (23.4 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Jan 5, 2017|