- minimal manpages
- providing you with the 80/20 of how many unix commands are used, for whenever you've forgotten how to use
grepfor the 3rd time this week
- available from pypi via
pip install miniman
- contains minpages for unix commands, as well as more general explainer pages for important topics in the unix workflow (e.g. file, filesystem)
minto get a list of all available minpages for bash commands
min commandto get the minpage for bash command
min grepto get the minpage for
min -tto get a list of all available minpages for unix topics
min -t topicto get the minpage for unix topic
min -t filesystemto the minpage for
Obviously, this is a work in progress. Although I use many of these commands in my daily workflow, I am nowhere near understanding all the ins and outs. So please open up an issue if I've gotten anything wrong. Thanks in advance.
Also there are more things I'd like to do with this project:
- add a search function where you can just search for a string pattern among all minpages, and get returned relevant results (i.e. grepping among all minpages)
- add additional useful commands
- add additional useful topics (e.g. 80/20 regexp, interactive bash [things like <(command), !:n/!^/!$, piping, difference between '' and "", ...], vim, ...)
- unify the sections in the commands/topics so that everyone can always have clear expectations of what to expect from a
- maybe go for some more advanced markup, to do highlights, bolding, etc.
If you could see yourself contributing to any of that, just open up an issue at https://github.com/mleue/min/issues. I'd be delighted.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size miniman-0.0.8-py3-none-any.whl (39.4 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size miniman-0.0.8.tar.gz (18.3 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|