Simulator for genomic data
Mitty is a data simulator meant to help debug aligners and variant callers.
It requires Python 3.4 or later. It is released under the Apache 2.0 license.
- Generate reads from the whole genome, a single tiny region or from a set of regions as desired
- Handles X, Y chromosomes and polyploidy IF the VCF GT field is properly set
- Read qname stores correct POS, CIGAR and the sizes of variants covered by the read
- Name of sample included in read allowing us to mix FASTQs from
- Can mix viral contamination into reads
- Can do tumor/normal mixes
- Corruption module adds sequencing errors to reads
- Read models can be sampled from existing BAM files
- “God aligner” writes out a BAM with perfect alignments which can be used for BAM comparisons
- Simple genome simulator to generate VCFs with SNPs and different sizes of Insertions and Deletions for aligner/caller testing
- Analyze, plot and debug alignment accuracy with composable analysis functions
Tutorial and usage manual can be found here.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|mitty-2.29.0-py3-none-any.whl (1.3 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py3|
|mitty-2.29.0.tar.gz (1.3 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|