A REST client for MarkLogic 8
A REST client for MarkLogic 8 documentation management.
MarkLogic 8 is a NOSQL database and application framework for documentation management applications.
This package is still at an early WIP state and APIs may change before the first release.
As said in the subtitle, this package focuses on documentation management services (CRUD operations, searching, …). If you need a pythonic way to create, fine tune and populate MarkLogic 8 databases and clusters, you may prefer MarkLogic_Python.
Hey! Where are the docs
As above written, this package is at an early stage of development, and writing a cool doc with an API and features that may change before the first beta release is a waste of time.
Meanwhile, you may read and play with the code that’s in the sandbox/ directory that explores most features of the provided resources.
Jump to Contributing if you want the full source distro and contribute to the project. Others will use pip to install mllib like this, as long as it is not yet available on PyPI.
pip install git+https://github.com/glenfant/mllib.git#egg=mllib
See https://pip.pypa.io/en/latest/reference/pip_install.html#git if you need a specific Git branch, tag or commit hash.
Please use a virtualenv to maintain this package, but I should not need to say that.
Grab the source from the SCM repository
$ git clone https://github.com/glenfant/mllib.git $ python setup.py develop $ pip install mllib[dev]
Run the tests
Running the tests require :
Connection to http://httpbin.org/ . If you can see its home page in your browser, it’s OK
Running a MarkLogic 8 REST tests instance at http://localhost:8000 with username and password being both admin. If you prefer to use another instance listening on port 9000 of host my.marklogic-rest.tld and which user is foo authenticated by password bar, you need to provide this in a MLLIB_TEST_SERVER environment variable that contains my.marklogic-rest.tld:9000:foo:bar.
if your MarkLogic REST server expects an HTTP Basic Authentication token, append :basic to the MLLIB_TEST_SERVER environment variable. Otherwise an HTTP Digest Auth token will be issued.
$ export MLLIB_TEST_SERVER=my.marklogic-rest.tld:9000:foo:bar # Optional $ python setup.py test $ python run_tests.py
Build the Sphinx documentation
$ python setup.py build_sphinx $ firefox build/sphinx/html/index.html
- Register to Github if not already done.
- Please file a ticket at the Github tracker that explains your feature or improvement.
- Fork the project in your personal repository
- Do the job
- Always check the existing unit tests (see above) and add unit tests that verify your feature or bugfix.
- Prefer “git rebase” to “git merge” when synching with the original master. See the worflow explained at http://blog.bigbinary.com/2013/09/13/how-to-keep-your-fork-uptodate.html
- Issue a pull request when you’re done, mentioning the original ticket you created at step 2.
- Don’t forget to “star” the project on Github if you like it. ;)
The development of this library is sponsored by the Assemblée Nationale (France’s Chamber of Deputies).
- Project leader : Gilles Lenfant
This software is distributed under the terms of the MIT license.
- Fixed packaging issue [glenfant]
No changes. Just a version normalization.
- Package creation with bobtemplates.gillux [glenfant]
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size mllib-1.0.0a2.tar.gz (12.5 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|